This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 285 Final

Topic » TSC 285 Final

2455 days 3 hours ago
dragotistic
19) Lys Assia - 'C'etait ma vie'

This is Lys' FIRST TSC entry.
2455 days 3 hours ago
dragotistic
20) We is Shore Dedicated - 'I Want to Die Easy'

This is We is Shore Dedicated's FIRST entry into TSC.
2455 days 3 hours ago
dragotistic
21) Sabina Ddumba - 'I Cry'

This is Sabina's FOURTH TSC entry, previously winning TSC 161, 7th in TSC 225, and 2nd in TSC 260.
2455 days 3 hours ago
dragotistic
22) Old Man Canyon - 'Wiser'

This is Old Man Canyon's FIRST entry into TSC.
2455 days 3 hours ago
dragotistic
23) Ramin Djawadi - 'Game of Thrones Theme'

.be

This is Ramin's FIRST entry into TSC.
2455 days 3 hours ago
dragotistic
24) Superfruit - 'Imaginary Parties'

This is Superfruit's FIRST entry into TSC.
2455 days 3 hours ago
dragotistic
Sorry about the internet cutting out and me posting a wall of songs instead of having a fun live show. But it's all good, time to listen and vote!

All 24 songs have been posted!

Make sure you listen to all of the songs, post your comments and then send your votes to me. Please give 12 10 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 to your favourite ten songs. If you don't know how to vote, please PM me.

The live results show will be on Sunday, 8 PM BST/3 PM EDT.

Good luck!
2455 days 3 hours ago
Alexeh23
Why does Gavin James appear in every edition? Like gurl he's not even good stop.

Interesting list of songs, a few I recognise and really like, will listen through them all soon :)
2455 days 3 hours ago
ryan5676
If you want to jury for Beta, you got 1 hour left to comment and give me your votes!

http://www.tengaged.com/group/5539/forum/topic/20463426
2454 days 12 hours ago
Alexeh23
01) flor - Pretty good start, liking the chorus. A bit generic but it's enjoyable.
02) Dotter - This is definitely my kind of thing, really like Dotter and this is probably her best.
03) Kerri Watt - Another really good one, particularly the chorus but I'm loving it all.
04) Jain - Nice and chill but it's not doing much for me.
05) Celtic Woman - Surprisingly catchy, actually really liking this. Bonus points for trying something out there, this one works for me.
06) Mike Taylor - Not a fan of his voice but that became the least of the song's problems as it went on. Not for me.
07) Alice on the Roof - Really like how this builds, very nice song and I think her voice helps it.
08) Ladybaby - I need a drink.
09) Rachel Crow - Okay for what it is but I'm not feeling it.
10) Coeur de Pirate - As I said last week, songs in French will usually go down well with me. Love the dark vibe in this.
11) The Strike - Not a fan of the vocals. Decent song.
12) Billy Lewis Jr. - Something is really bugging me about this and I can't put my finger on what it is. It's okay.
13) Alan Walker - Alan Walker + Gavin James = Hell.
14) China Anne McClain - This sounded very promising at the start but unfortunately trailed off at the chorus and never quite got back on track.
15) C:REAL - Easy listening but not so much so that it's boring. Liking this.
16) Joakim Lundell - Not had that much generic EDM so far which makes me appreciate this a little more. Still not my thing.
17) Starley - Call On Me was really good, this isn't on the same level but she's one of the better artists of her genre.
18) Carrie Underwood - She's a guilty pleasure of mine, not her best but still solid and I'm enjoying.
19) Lys Assia - Quite liking this actually, another risky choice and while I'm not sure this one will pay off, it's nice.
20) We Is Shore Dedicated - Forgettable.
21) Sabina Ddumba - She has better but Sabina is incapable of a bad song.
22) Old Man Canyon - Like the instrumentation, don't like their voices. Pleasant.
23) Ramin Djawadi - Sure??
24) Superfruit - This was a bit weird, not sure if I'm a fan. It's interesting.

The first half is definitely a lot better than the second half imo, but a nice edition :)
2454 days 5 hours ago
onemanarmy
Good Luck To All

1. flor - Guarded - I liked the style to this however I felt the vocals got lost in the chorus and never really delivered although I did like the tone of her voice during the verses.

2. Dotter - Evolution - I have My Flower on my playlist but I have failed to get into anything else she has released since,  her voice is good on the track but the production and style just isn't for me I guess cause I just don't connect with this song as a whole. It does however have it's moments but it's just not satisfying enough for me to say that I like it.

3. Kerri Watt - The Wild - Her voice didn't seem to go with this style, idk I wasn't really impressed with anything about this track, perhaps just not my taste but I thought this sounded like crap, not utter crap but crap nonetheless.

4. Jain - Dynabeat - Well this woke me up, I quite enjoy her last entry Come and downloaded her whole album, didn't realize she had released new music so I am a happy camper because this was really good.

5. Celtic Woman - Tir na nog - Feels like soundtrack music for something like Once Upon A Time, in other words unless your still into childish fairy tales this will appear childish and kind of stupid. I like the violins but the lyrics ruin all chances of me liking this as a whole. Too Corny for my taste I'm afraid.

6. Mike Taylor - Colours - Not into his voice, I find it boring, Unlike Pluto had got a big zero from me despite it winning so that's OK other people here obviously do like his voice thus he was featured on it. This really didn't do much for me but I did like it more than his Unlike Pluto collaboration. I approve of the message he is giving but I am just meh with the sound.
2453 days 21 hours ago
PrincessTeePee
flor ~ The vocal is a bit drowned in parts, don't think its quite a perfect match for the instrumental, just that bit too quiet and breathy. The song was OK, kinda 80s sounding. I could do without the verses, though. May get points. but idk if I'll remember it well enough or not.
Dotter ~ Her vocal reminded me strangely of MisterWives in this ??? just me? The chorus is a bit disappointing, and I found I wasn't as into it as I thought I would - but her vocal is so much stronger in that 2nd verse. Certainly not bad! I feel she always just misses her 'moment'.
Kerri Watt ~ Another song with a promising sounding start, that turned out to just be really meh for me. Not keen, didn't do anything for me.
Jain ~ The chorus was the best part of the song, but even that got repetitive. The 70s beat, and the harmonies were good...buuut, the rest was a mess. Some will love this, but I can't ignore the mess. A bit offputting, sorry!
Celtic Woman ~ No idea what they're singing about, but it sounds positive! Comes to something when this is the best song so far, LOL! I've heard some dodgy songs/covers by them, but this was lovely. Surprised they've never been used before :O
Mike Taylor ~ Oh him from that amazing winning song, that I've listened to SO MUCH since its TSC! Colours are his theme for sure. This would be even better without the weird sonds in the drop, but regardless this was fantastic - amazing vocals that worked seamlessly with that brilliant progression! Reckon he contends again.
Alice on the Roof ~ Did not expect that progression at all. This was quite beautiful and so haunting, another one that I see sticking out. Very nice.
Ladybaby ~ If Asiavision was a thing, this'd be an entry. It had me giggling, I'll give you that. It was the definition of MESS, but hey, the chorus wasn't all that bad...in parts! Now we know what would happen if Lordi or Slipknot collabbed with an Asian sugary girlgroup. So, yay.
Rachel Crow ~ A little overwhelming. Her voice is so good, but I think she may be overdoing it in this song. An instrumental break would have given this song what it needed, but instead it was all her, almost robotically so. She has undeniable potential to flourish, but she doesn't need to prove herself this much.
Coeur de Pirate ~ A sweet language song actually. No complaints, lovely backing traack which drew me in, and decent vocals.
The Strike ~ The chorus fell so flat which was disappointing - I was loving the motivational feel up to then! Not a bad song by any standards, though.
Billy Lewis Jr ~ I'm tired...this did nothing at all to keep me alert, sorry! A bit dated sounding, and dreary.
Alan Walker ~ Why's he getting a bad rep all of a sudden? This was decent, nice to hear his production on a male vocal. Not outstanding, but I enjoyed the beats.
China Anne McCain ~ Sack the rapper. The rest of it was very Little Mix, and quite enjoyable. Did feel like something was a bit missing though?
C:REAL ~ I actually liked the grit in her voice, just a shame the lyrics are just soo generic. It has a nice, 60s feel to it though. A bit torn.
Joakim Lundell ~ 'Watuiyyr'? Whats that then??? This sounds like it SHOULD be the Alan Walker song. Ehh, its nothing entirely special or standout, but the chorus/drop is kinda sweet and summery. Didn't mind it.
Starley ~ Getting chilled club vibes from this, very nice change in direction. This is what Rachel Crow SHOULD be doing - making us appreciate and crave her vocal via break. Great song, this.
Carrie Underwood ~ I've literally never cared for her music before, but this was different. Nice production, made her sound so contemporary and kinda badass.
Lys Assia ~ This... fits the year rule? Really? Well it sure was a change in direction! The French was nice and easy to follow too which I REALLY liked. A bold, showtune entry and I have to be honest with myself...I really liked it! :X
We Is Shore Dedicated ~ I soon realised after initially liking it, that this was dreary and goi
2453 days 21 hours ago
PrincessTeePee
We Is Shore Dedicated ~ I soon realised after initially liking it, that this was dreary and going in the direction of nowhere, Clearly I was not alone in struggling to find a song for this week, haha.
Sabina Ddumba ~ She never fails to slay/1 I liked this, solid vocal & killer production.
Old Man Canyon ~ Wish the vocals were a bit stronger, otherwise this had a nice, folksy vibe. I don't normally go for folk really so that's a compliment!
Ramin Dijawadi ~ Anyone else never seen an episode of this before? :X Its a fabulous theme, but...really? Struggling were we? Same, Hun!
Superfruit ~ Disjointed, yet kinda different. Its one of them you get used to surprisingly quick because of how well the voices compliment each other. Some of the sound effects weren't too needed, though.
2453 days 18 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
01) flor - I had another flor song on my list that I definitely prefer to this. It's not bad, though. Pleasant enough listen.
02) Dotter - Hoping for a killer chorus, because the verses are solid, but lacking a punch to really put it over the top. Eh, the chorus is FINE, but not what I was looking for to really hammer this one home. Pretty solid regardless.
03) Kerri Watt - Her name is Kerri, she's so very, plain milk, oh my, I'm allergic to dairy.
04) Jain - Heard this when it came out and wasn't particularly in the mood for it at the time. Torn. It's quirky and chill, but I'm not fully sold on it still.
05) Celtic Woman - Nah, I'm good.
06) Mike Taylor - Like the grit in his voice. Much preferred him on the Unlike Pluto production to this. Voice is probably the biggest stand-out element to this -- didn't really feel much of a connection to this other than that.
07) Alice on the Roof - It's pretty-...ish, but MEH. Perhaps I'm in a mood.
08) Ladybaby - "This is Ladybaby's FIRST entry into TSC." Hopefully the last, too. This might genuinely be my least favorite listen in my years of doing TSC. No exaggeration. Traumatized. 
09) Rachel Crow - Rachel Crow growing up. <3 If I didn't know who she was, I think I'd like this even more than I did. I just don't know if I can buy it from HER.
10) Coeur de Pirate - In b4 Tolis's disgust with the French language! Into the instrumental and overall vibe, but it's lacking a stand-out moment and could have used a little more OOMPH.
11) The Strike - Enjoyed this more than I thought I would once it started, which is to say that I didn't hate it and I genuinely thought I would. Not exactly my thing, but not the worst thing I've heard tonight.
12) Billy Lewis Jr. - There was nothing about this that kept my interest, I'm afraid.
13) Alan Walker - It's pleasant enough. Not something I'd go out of my way to ever listen to again, but I wouldn't immediately turn it off if it was on the radio. I find Alan Walker's production to be mostly boring, and while this didn't change my opinion of that, it was at least a relaxing package.
14) China Anne McClain - LOL Descendants 2. I almost took this seriously until the pirates grunting/chanting/whatever in gods name they were doing in the chorus. Aaaand it almost won me back over and then the TERRIBLE rapper came in to fuck things up again. God damn it.
15) C:REAL - Not sure if the opening instrumentation is supposed to be a throwback. Or sexy. Or both. It's actually coming off as cheesy. OH YES, COME ON GIRL AND SAVE THIS. I love her voice and I feel her, but I'm unsure about this as a total package. Hmm.
16) Joakim Lundell - I should like this more than I ultimately did, but this week is REALLY lacking for me, so this could still do relatively well with me.
17) Starley - I actually think I prefer this to "Call On Me" on first listen? Right up my alley.
18) Carrie Underwood - I love Miranda Lambert. This is rather average for her.
19) Lys Assia - Nope. Not my thing.
20) We is Shore Dedicated - The first 30 seconds could definitely be confused as Ryan Brown production. This week is a STRUGGLE for me and I think this one sums that up rather well, so like, good choice in that regard.
21) Sabina Ddumba - I went through her album last week to find potential entries for Africa week. It was a really nice project as a whole, and although this wasn't a huge stand-out track for me, I rather like it. Think we've found our winner this week, and it'd be a well deserved first TSC win for her (as I thought "Time" should have been a runaway victor).
22) Old Man Canyon - Pleasant-ish, but I could make an easy case for this being rather boring.
23) Ramin Djawadi - LMFAO, YOU TRIED IT. Game of Thrones has some excellent music in the context of the show, but here? Would I ever just sit around and listen to Game of Thrones instrumental music? Naw.
24) Superfruit - Experimental, but it didn't really work f
2453 days 18 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
Really, last comment?

24) Superfruit - Experimental, but it didn't really work for me. That's the risk you run with experimental stuff, so I can at least applaud whoever sent this on being BRAVE.

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!