This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 285 Final

Topic » TSC 285 Final

2470 days 5 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
01) flor – A bit of a middle of road start. It’s alright, but nothing about this is sticking out at the moment. This will not benefit from being first in the running order. Sorry.

02) Dotter –Dive by her was robbed…completely robbed, just because the first 5 seconds apparently sound like ‘somebody I used to know’. I’ve entered her twice, so I’m not gonna sit here and I say I dislike this. I think this is my least favourite song by her that I’ve heard, but that isn’t calling it bad. It’s magical at points.

03) Kerri Watt – A nice voice for sure. Just the song is a little blah…I dislike the way she strains her voice to get to the top note. It feels like the climax comes much earlier than it should.

04) Jain – I can see why she was one to watch for this year. This is joyous…I’m not gonna be bounding straight back to listen to this again, but it’s really cute. :)

05) Celtic Woman – I knew I was in for something with the thumbnail. You know it achieves that sort of vibe where you’re like….’do I like this?’…there is something very enchanting. The verses make this seem more gimmicky, but I love the chorus.

06) Mike Taylor – I had high hopes. He has a gorgeous voice…like I think it’ll be hard for anyone to match this vocal, but the song itself is just a cliché. The repetitive use of colour in an attempt to create a hook and the drop just seemed so out of place. I don’t know…

07) Alice on the Roof – woopy woo…floaty float…whispery whisper…Not keen on this one. The vocal is pretty, but just gets tiresome very quickly.

08) Ladybaby – I’m guessing this is a take on ‘babymetal’. Not gonna lie the girls are slaying this when they actually sing. The verses are actually poignant. “I work like an ant, but I can’t get any comfort”. Enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I was going to.

09) Rachel Crow – Every time I see her, I still go back to that awful car crash moment on the X Factor. This is a little choppy. Disappointing.

10) Coeur de Pirate – I love this. It could be with a little more power in the chorus, but the whole thing is pretty sublime.

11) The Strike – Interesting. Not overly keen on the use of brass, but it kept me interested through-out. The song itself is pretty good.

12) Billy Lewis Jr. – This is like taking a sleeping aide pill after the last song. I don’t particularly like the vocal and it’s bringing down my mood.
2470 days 5 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
13) Alan Walker – This is odd. I’m not disliking this as much as I thought I was going to though. There is something that isn’t quite meshing for me.

14) China Anne McClain  - Apart from the initial cringe, this actually developed into something enjoyable. Lol at the rapping…at least it fits the song, but wasn’t particularly needed.

15) C:REAL – Yes. This reminds me of a time at University when I opened a book and there was a post-it note stuck to a page that said ‘You are going to hell’ :S This is enjoyable. Not sure how much I’ll remember about this though.

16) Joakim Lundell – It’s good. I’m fascinated by her lips though. Not keen on the chorus where it seems like we’re being thrown about on the ocean. Choppy choppy choppy.

17) Starley – eww at those noises in the chorus. :p A good vocal, the song itself is OK for me. It is an easy listen and pretty safe, I can’t see anyone particularly disliking this.

18) Carrie Underwood – With my limited exposure to country music, I just notice that alcohol and drugs seem to be a common theme. This will never be my favourite genre, but she has soul and the song itself is pretty catchy.

19) Lys Assia – I had to ask Rick who she was and I feel ashamed. Although I hadn’t watched the video by that point, even I would have made the link then. A legend, but this is not something that I can personally listen to and enjoy. Sorry Lys.

20) We is Shore Dedicated – This is even harder to listen to than Lys. :p Depressing. I do not particularly like his vocals.

21) Sabina Ddumba – Gorgeous voice. GORGEOUS. I expected to love her vocal and I’m not disappointed. I’ve heard by her, but this is pretty amazing too. :)

22) Old Man Canyon – Not keen on the vocals or the acoustic arrangement. Not much more I can say this isn’t for me.

23) Ramin Djawadi – I came in thinking this was not gonna be anywhere close to my points. But it’s just such a  powerful piece of music. I mean it’s evoking emotions in mw and I do not even watch the show. Stunning. I love Zyrah’s version of this.

24) Superfruit – I’m confused by them. I’m not overly keen on the falsetto voices or the song in general. Gawd it foes on.
2470 days 1 hour ago
UnicornChicken
This week is insane!!! There's not a single song here that I don't like?! The song I submitted is literally my least favourite out of them all. Giving out points is going to be impossible.
2470 days 1 hour ago
UnicornChicken
01) flor - I really liked this but I couldn't understand a single lyric which really took away from it. Undecided on this one, but I think I quite liked it.
02) Dotter - Overall I think the artist is more interesting than the song itself, but a solid entry!
03) Kerri  Watt - This is rather generic but I'm not mad at it. I would happily listen to this.
04) Jain - A fun entry, but I wish there was a little more to it. I didn't mind the repetitiveness but there's so much potential here.
05) Celtic Woman - Yesss Celtic queen! This could be a cute theme song for a cartoon.
06) Mike Taylor - Cheesy and sweet... I love cheese. I wasn't really feeling the beat drop but then again it kinda turned into a bit of an anthem.
07) Alice on the Roof - I didn't connect very strongly with the song, so it kinda just passed by me. It was nice though.
08) Ladybaby - Dear lord!! I'm not a death metal or J-pop fan, but this was pretty lit! Doubt it will get my points, but I'm glad I know this exists.
09) Rachel Crow - She killed those vocals and the song is pretty badass! A real contender to win.
10) Coeur de Pirate - I like to understand the lyrics to songs but I didn't really need to in this case. This has a lot of emotional depth in her voice.
11) The Strike - Oh snap this is really neat I can jam to this! I'm loving the saxophone guy.
12) Billy Lewis Jr. - This song just builds and builds into something epic. The lyrics are captivating!
13) Alan Walker - I loved the chorus, but this felt way too straight-forward and pedestrian for me.
14) China Anne McClain - My weave has been snatched, I don't really know much about Descendants but maybe I should!?! I LOVE THIS!
15) C:REAL - I've enjoyed every song so far so at this point I need to be amazed if you want my points. Another solid contender.
16) Joakim Lundell - I really like this but I've heard countless other songs and artists that sound just like this.
17) Starley - Sexy and dancey but not showstopping. I was bopping.
18) Carrie Underwood - There are very few country songs I enjoy and I find Carrie Underwood overrated. I liked this though? Must be in a good mood.
19) Lys Assia - What  a legend! This was so lovely and I wouldn't mind seeing more songs like this in the future. Iconic and a daring entry!
20) We is Shore Dedicated - This is not my style but I loved it anyways! The beat is mesmerizing and I appreciate the chill vibes.
21) Sabina Ddumba - Beautiful! Such a powerful and rich voice, this is gonna be the toughest week yet.
22) Old Man Canyon - Yup, nice, good. Got my seal of approval.
23) Ramin Djawadi - AAAAAAHHHHH! This has got me shook! Ultimate troll entry. Dun dun da da dun dun da da dun dun!
24) Superfruit - My babies Scott and Mitch! Not my favourite song but I can get down to it!
2469 days 6 hours ago
andalarew_2231
I was gonna return after this week just to submit that exact same superfruit song... i HATE
YOU
who ever u are

now i gotta go through and find other music... maybe next week ill come back
2469 days 1 hour ago
Insanity17
01) flor- I really dig the vibe of this and the instrumentals are very cool. Opening the contest is definitely going to hurt this entry. Would listen to again.
02) Dotter- I like the tone of her voice reminds me of Julia Stone a bit. The chorus was annoying, while the verses were definitely the star. Would listen to again.
03) Kerri Watt- I liked this. It had good vocals, was catchy, and featured a good beat. Would listen to again.
04) Jain- Interesting entry. Something about this is very mediocre. It’s gets so repetitive at the end. Would not give it another listen.
05) Celtic Woman- This sounds like something you’d find in a Disney fairy tale. This was too cute sounding for me. I do love Celtic sounds though. Would not listen to again.
06) Mike Taylor- The grit in his voice is nice. I’m usually a fan of the EDM beats, but I think they did nothing to the song, except make it longer. They ruined a good song. Probably wouldn’t listen to again.
07) Alice on the Roof- Not the strongest vocal. There were really good bits, but most of the song felt the same because of the monotone vocals. Wouldn’t listen to again.
08) Ladybaby- This is probably one of the worst things I have ever heard in my life. Is this what being on acid feels like? The non-metal parts were good. If this gets more than 5 pts, I will be shocked. Never ever going to listen to this again.
09) Rachel Crow- ALL GROWN UP!! I don’t like the effects on her voice leading into the chorus. The chorus makes this a bop. She spills ice on the boy at the end…oh honey…no it’s supposed to be a full cup, but my frugal self appreciates you not wasting something you purchased. Would listen to again.
10) Coeur de Pirate- I like the French language, but this song was so boring. I kept losing my focus. Would not give another listen.
11) The Strike- This had a cool sound, but it didn’t lead to an interesting moment. Would not listen to again.
12) Billy Lewis Jr.- This seemed very messy in some places. While I’m impressed by the high notes he could hit, they still don’t make up for the fact that this was a boring entry. Would not listen to again.
13) Alan Walker- I don’t think Gavin’s voice works with these EDM beats. There seems to be such a disconnect. I like the beat though. Probably would listen to again just because I like the beat. 
14) China Anne McClain- I like her voice. This is so cheesy. Would not listen to again.
15) C:REAL- This had some soul in it. I like the bit of funk in the instrumentals. Enjoyed this tremendously. Would listen to again.
16) Joakim Lundell- I listened to this song this week while searching for a song to submit. I almost submitted the acoustic version because I thought the EDM version cheapened the lyrics. Could get some points from me. Would probably listen to again.
17) Starley- Ooooh I’ve heard this before. It’s easy to follow. I couldn’t keep still listening to this because I just wanted to get up and dance. Would listen to again.
18) Carrie Underwood- My least favorite genre, it just all sounds the same. This was boring and I usually like Carrie. Would not listen to again.
19) Lys Assia- This felt like something that would play at her funeral. Would not listen to again.
20) We is Shore Dedicated- This made me feel like I was in a speak easy in the 1920s. I like it, but it’s literally “I want to die easy when I die” repeated over and over again. Hmmmm…would probably not listen to again.
21) Sabina Ddumba- This took me on a journey. Solid vocals, I liked the dynamics, the beat was good. Would listen to again.
22) Old Man Canyon- This sounds like a mix between Edward Sharpe and Mumford&Sons. It’s very folksy and upbeat. I like it and would probably listen to again. 
23) Ramin Djawadi- I love this theme, but seeing as it’s just instrumentals, it’s not in contention for points.
24) Superfruit- This is by far the coolest video of the bunch. Scott and Mitch are super talented. This is so unique. Would listen to a
2468 days 22 hours ago
ryan5676
01) flor – That music is the dope to listen to and I am just in love with it, I can’t say the same for the voice who sounds unwell and I can’t understand them
02) Dotter – I’m getting very much pumped up for this and it does not disappoint with the mixture of voice of music working really well
03) Kerri Watt – Why am I not grooving along to this, it must be because of her high pitched voice and the way they just rush it
04) Jain – She makes me want to dance with that incredible beat and I do quite enjoy that voice so I like this entry overall
05) Celtic Woman – This had so much potential going in it with the ethnic sound and voice, but it just sounds generic at the chorus and autotuned
06) Mike Taylor – That is one amazing voice coming out which I can get into very quickly and the song is a downgrade with those annoying noises and the same beat every time
07) Alice on the Roof – Is this song going to get off the ground at some point because it seems like it is at ground zero with that weak voice and it getting so boring
08) Ladybaby – I am still laughing myself at this with this weird mash and it works in some parts, but not in others so they just have to keep trying next time
09) Rachel Crow – Her voice is the standout from this and it sticks in my mind and the song is not bad overall and I don’t like that slowed down part
10) Coeur de Pirate – I’m completely in love with that voice which is bringing life in this and it’s simply out of this world
11) The Strike – The music with those instruments have brought the song alive and his voice doesn’t work that well in here
12) Billy Lewis Jr. – I can see that they want the voice to be the star, but it just feels hollow and I’m not getting any connection to this
13) Alan Walker – The vocals and the music feel like they are on point and I’m enjoying this experience as long as I like it
14) China Anne McClain – This is catchy, I can’t seem to get it out of my head and this girl has a future with those vocals of hers
15) C:REAL – She sounds good in my opinion, but the whole song is a let down with it not taking advantage of stepping it up a notch
16) Joakim Lundell – Nope, I thought I could jam with it especially with her vocals and that music gives you a headache and I can’t stand it
17) Starley – I don’t like it being all rushed up which makes no sense and I hate this song with the music and the chorus being shite
18) Carrie Underwood – She is back into her groove and I’m liking this kind of music with that awesome beat and her wicked voice
19) Lys Assia – She still has a great voice at her age, but I feel like the song is outdated and would have been matter in the 1950s
20) We is Shore Dedicated – This is an interesting take indeed, it feels smooth and I can’t groove much along with it since it is forgettable
21) Sabina Ddumba – Why is she a wonderful singer, nobody can compete with her and this song simply stands out from the rest
22) Old Man Canyon – This is not my style to hear, it sounds like the same thing repeating and their voices just make me sick
23) Ramin Djawadi – Can’t believe someone sent this and it does sound epic for a bit and it doesn’t go anywhere p.s. I don’t watch Game of Thrones
24) Superfruit – I’m more confused than amazed, their voices together sound creepy and the music feels so wrong to hear
2468 days 21 hours ago
AdelesMom
01) flor - 'guarded' -  I think I liked this but throughout I also kept thinking it was boring.
02) Dotter - 'Evolution' - I would listen to other songs by them to check it out, but this just wasn’t sitting quite right with me
03) Kerri Watt - 'The Wild' - This was just meh.  Sounded dated.
04) Jain - 'Dynabeat' -  Wow.  Did not like that at all.  Very…..nothing.
05) Celtic Woman - 'Tír na nÓg' - Again Wow.  I like Celtic music but this was just I don’t know..kind of really fairy tale like and annoying.
06) Mike Taylor - 'Colours' - I didn’t like the music or the lyrics.
07) Alice on the Roof - 'Easy Come Easy Go' -  I kept expecting it to go somewhere.  There was a tease of something but really never went anywhere.  Even though I like the simplicity of it.
08) Ladybaby - 'Age-Age Money' - WTF!!  Again I say WTF
09) Rachel Crow - 'Dime' - I liked the beat of this and her voice.
10) Coeur de Pirate - 'Crier tout bas' - She has a nice voice.  I found the song a bit boring though
11) The Strike - 'Warriors' - Loved the horns and the vocals.  But the lyrics were a bit lame and it sounded very dated.
12) Billy Lewis Jr. - 'History in the Making' - I didn’t dislike this but I didn’t like it either.  Does that make sense?
13) Alan Walker - 'Tired (ft. Gavin James)' - I don’t hate this but I wouldn’t listen to it again.  I hope something boppy is coming up!!
14) China Anne McClain  - 'What's My Name (ft. Thomas Doherty)' - Wow thought this might be a good bop at the beginning, but it was so cheesy.
15) C:REAL - 'Let Me Be (ft. Hannah Williams)' - This is my favorite so far this week.  Loved the jazzy vibe, loved her voice. Points for sure!!
16) Joakim Lundell - 'All I Need (ft. Arrhult)' - I was enjoying it until the EDM in the chorus.  It was short lived though.
17) Starley - 'Touch Me' - Again I was liking this until the EDM started.  I really don’t like that sound too much.  It was still ok.
18) Carrie Underwood - 'Dirty Laundry' - I’m not into country pop.  She is a great singer however and artist.  This was not for me.
19) Lys Assia - 'C'etait ma vie' - I saw this during Eurovision.  Not for me.
20) We is Shore Dedicated - 'I Want to Die Easy' - Loved this.  Loved the bluesy guitar throughout.  Sounds like a song you would hear walking around New Orleans coming out of a speakeasy.
21) Sabina Ddumba - 'I Cry' - I kind of liked this.  It was a little meh for me.  I need to hear some of her other music.
22) Old Man Canyon - 'Wiser' - This sounds like a younger Mumford & Sons.  I like it but it really dragged on for me….
23) Ramin Djawadi - 'Game of Thrones Theme' - I love orchestral music.  I’ve never heard an only instrumental song here before.  With that being said, I didn’t get into this one.  Balsey entry.
24) Superfruit - 'Imaginary Parties' -         Here’s a boppy song I was looking for.  Very interesting sound.  I liked it.
2468 days 19 hours ago
AlanDuncan
1) I Didn't hate this but it didn't do much for me.
2) 7th7th6th? Miss consistent? I've heard this before and I like it.
3) I didn't hate this. Would I listen again? Probably not.
4) I've heard this before. I decided against submitting it because it was very meh....
5) I liked this, some of the vocals were a bit iffy.
6) Liked this more than I thought I would I must admit.
2468 days 17 hours ago
AlanDuncan
1) I Didn't hate this but it didn't do much for me.
2) 7th7th6th? Miss consistent? I've heard this before and I like it.
3) I didn't hate this. Would I listen again? Probably not.
4) I've heard this before. I decided against submitting it because it was very meh....
5) I liked this, some of the vocals were a bit iffy.
6) Liked this more than I thought I would I must admit.
7) Didnt hate this but it went by for me. Chrous were a highlight
8) What on gods earth is this.
9) Yeah this was good but not as good as
10) Not enlgish which I normally hate but I quite enjoy this.
11) Didn't like this as much as I thought. It's very old men Eurovision NQ for me.
12) This was very just there in the background. idk if its cos I was doign something but it was meh
2468 days 13 hours ago
Temeky
01) flor
I feel like I've heard this before. It's not bad, but it's not great. It's just very average and mediocre to me.

02) Dotter
I really like this! It's catchy and keeps things interesting. I can totally see myself adding this to my playlist!

03) Kerri Watt
This reminds me of the song "Silhouettes In Slow Motion" by Cilia. Probably just me though, people have told me that me pointing out similarities in anything could be basically me looking at an orange and a tomato and claim that "they look the same!"
I like this though!

04) Jain
I don't like Jain's music whatsoever, but this is one of the better songs I've heard from her. I still don't like it, though. Very mediocre.

05) Celtic Woman
When I heard the intro I was like "oh this sounds like an Oonagh song" - and then it turns out that she's featuring in this song! Also very mediocre, sadly. Oonagh's songs usually have more of the "wow"-factor, so you can tell that she was just featured on this song, and didn't have much to do in the producing aspect of this song.

06) Mike Taylor
This is a mess. It's just a mess. Messy mess mess.

07) Alice on the Roof
Pretty boring. Forgot I was listening to this song.

08) Ladybaby
I'm at a loss for words.
In a bad way.
I guess it was kinda funny?

09) Rachel Crow
It's not awful, but I don't really have anything good to say about it. I think I'll have to hear it a few more times.

10) Coeur de Pirate
I really like this song. It's really touching and it's filled with emotion. I just wish I knew what she was singing about.

11) The Strike
I liked it the first minute, and then that sort-of wore off, for some reason.

12) Billy Lewis Jr.
https://media.tenor.com/images/47304e84f4f5f9d4e38fcb37abcff6a1/tenor.gif

13) Alan Walker
I keep hearing Gavin James in songs nowadays for some reason.
It's okay.

14) China Anne McClain
Not very interesting. I much prefer her song "Calling All The Monsters" over this.

15) C:REAL
Nothing special. Okay.

16) Joakim Lundell
Joakim Lundell aka. Jockiboi has quite a fanbase in Sweden but I don't know why. The only thing I associate him with is when he had a blog and he posted about "wank of the day" - where he literally posted how to jerk off a certain way, like weekly or something. With pictures. Very NSFW.

Anyways, this song. I've heard the intro before because it's been played in a few youtube videos of a YouTuber I follow, but I didn't know that Joakim Lundell/Arrhult made this song, so that's a pleasant surprise. The verses are better than the chorus, and the chorus is very basic.

** BREAK **

17) Starley
This is nice and refreshing! A simple song, and that's sometimes needed!

18) Carrie Underwood
Not very interesting. Made me a bit tired.

19) Lys Assia
Not bad, but not good. Lys Assia is a great singer but it's a bit too old-fashioned for me.

20) We is Shore Dedicated
This was depressing.

21) Sabina Ddumba
Well, here's the winner.
It's not bad but I just feel like Sabina Ddumba is so overhyped as an artist, and that makes me like this song less.

22) Old Man Canyon
Boring.

23) Ramin Djawadi
Nothing. Boring.

24) Superfruit
Pretty original! Didn't know Superfruit made music! I've heard of them before (and I may or may not have a crush on the tall guy)

I enjoyed it but not massively, but extra points for it being nothing like what I've heard before.
2468 days 13 hours ago
DallasAndrew
01) flor - 'guarded'   Still on African rythms? This was weak and dull, I've found nothing interesting in it.
02) Dotter - 'Evolution' It is not bad, it builds, which is good, but it lacks sth, it doesn't create the impact I've expected.
03) Kerri Watt - 'The Wild' She has a very warm voice, but the music is a little too simple in some parts. The rythm is good though. Not top material, but all the chances for a top ten on my list.
04) Jain - 'Dynabeat' So old-style... which is making it interesting. I can't say I didn't enjoy it.
05) Celtic Woman - 'Tír na nÓg' Hearing Irish rythms and sth so different than usual will certainly make me give it an award. It builds well, good voice and of course the step part couldn't miss. Top material entry in my opinion.
06) Mike Taylor - 'Colours' His voice smacked me right away, that guitar was working so well either. Too bad it took the way it did. The chorus is awful.
07) Alice on the Roof - 'Easy Come Easy Go' It's monotone. It has a start, it doesn't have an end. Is not unenjoyable necessarily, but it is also not a great one.
08) Ladybaby - 'Age-Age Money' Musically I've enjoyed it, but the message is out of the way, especially for this contest. So I can judge it 2 ways, I wll make an average.
09) Rachel Crow - 'Dime' Theatrical interpretion, it was good. A little to dance for my tastes, but the change of paces helped it very much. It is sth interesting, I guess it was on the upper side so fbas'
10) Coeur de Pirate - 'Crier tout bas' Well this is what I would call a top entry. It has an impact, it's strong and has personality. And the language is a big plus for me.
11) The Strike - 'Warriors' For what it wants to be, it's pretty good. Too bad it won't get a good result. I've enjoyed it.
12) Billy Lewis Jr. - 'History in the Making' Another old-style one. Don't have too much to say, simply great music.
13) Alan Walker - 'Tired (ft. Gavin James)' I have to admit that Alan Walker's work is one of the fewest I like from that genre. This song is ok until the chorus, which is a real let down.
14) China Anne McClain  - 'What's My Name (ft. Thomas Doherty)' So she practically tells us to shout 'China' louder? :)) Good voice, very cheap music.
15) C:REAL - 'Let Me Be (ft. Hannah Williams)' Good quality music. Maybe a little cliche, it's not exactly sth original. The voice is perfect.
16) Joakim Lundell - 'All I Need (ft. Arrhult)' Still don't get the type of music which suddenly is loosing its composure. A nice sing until a totally messy and unlogical chorus. I guess it will fight to win.
17) Starley - 'Touch Me' This is stupid, she sounds like a little girl happy that she has just learnt how to use the toilet.
18) Carrie Underwood - 'Dirty Laundry' I really like the rock/country vibes, but the song is not impressive.
19) Lys Assia - 'C'etait ma vie' Well, that was sth totally unexpected. The interpretation is great, the music and the voice are working so great. It is a little oldish and usual, it's true.
20) We is Shore Dedicated - 'I Want to Die Easy' It's a little boring if you concentrate too much on lyrics. Overally I've enjoyed it, good music. The guitar will be find annoying for some people, it isn't for me.
21) Sabina Ddumba - 'I Cry' Doesn't reach the expected power, I'm not impressed. It's an ok song, I didn't hate it.
22) Old Man Canyon - 'Wiser' Nice rythm. Nothing amazing, but pleasant enough.
23) Ramin Djawadi - 'Game of Thrones Theme' This is a contest of 'unusual' entries. I really like the music from 'Game of Thrones', very solid composition.
24) Superfruit - 'Imaginary Parties' Nice work to be sincere. Simple facts which put together founded a really interesting thing.
2468 days 10 hours ago
adeleadele
Flor- Is this a male or female singing? It sounds like a male with a autotuned feminine voice, but oh well lol :P I like female voices better so yas! This was a solid start, nothing that special, but it was good!

Dotter- I’m really tired, but like this was pretty good, a above average song! It’s like 11 20 pm right now so like my comments will be a bit vague, cuz i’m tired af

Kerri Watt- This was really pleasant! I thought it would be boring, but it kept me interested, and the last minute was great!

Jain- This had a really good beat (even though it was messy), but the vocals really killed it, i will give it extra points for the beat alone, but the vocals just knock it down a lot. I doubt it will get points from me.

Celtic Woman- I’m just shook, completely shook. I love irish music, and i love the irish language so much! Vocals are great, music is great, and it’s so upbeat. This is probably the best song i heard in awhile, like out of a lot of tsc contests i’ve been in

Mike Taylor- Yeah i did not really like this lol :/ did not like the vocals or the beat. Really meh.

Alice on the Roof- I found this boring, next.

Ladybaby- Without the screaming man, it would of been a decent entry, but it’s just a joke now :0 Love the female parts though.

Rachel Crow- I heard this song while going through songs like maybe a month or 2 ago, i found it boring, and i still do now. Very basic and messy. But still a little bit catchy

Coeur de Pirate- I Love the french language, and it basically saves the song, because if it was in english it would be very very bland. Nice song, but it’s a bit meh.

The Strike- Umm eww, this is messy and i just don’t like this genre. I would be embarrassed to send this

Billy Lewis Jr.- Like honestly it’s not bad for what it is, but it’s just not my type of music lol.

Alan Walker- This was basic edm. Bye.

China Anne McClain- She is still relevant? I thought ant farm was like so 2011. Like yeah it’s not that good lol, it’s basic + Thomas Doherty can burn in hell for ruining the song.

C:REAL- Loving the retro vibe! It was really good all around and loved the vocals! It dragged a bit the last minute, but still a great song!

Joakim Lundell- It was nice until the drop :/ it went downhill from there.

Starley- This dragged a bit, but still a cute song, nothing that special though.

Carrie Underwood- My country queen. Like tbh i liked her older song better than her new, cuz this song was a bit meh for my country queens standards, it was actually really meh, its borderline for me to get points or not.

Lys Assia- Omg i actually like classical/ 60’s 70’s ballads, and also sung by a old 90 year old person just makes it amazing, ALSO IT’S IN FRENCH!!!!!!! Lys Assia is and will forever be a queen. This song makes me emotional tbh. There is 2 songs from this contest that really stand out for me so far.

We is Shore Dedicated- 30 secs waiting for vocals, wtf. This was very boring. I’m getting some jazz vibes, but it’s boring uninteresting flat jazz. Bye.

Sabina Ddumba- Giving me big winner vibes, and it is a amazing song. Stellar vocals, also i love the beat, there was new elements added every now and then to keep my attention which was nice! It never dragged on at all either, so yas!!! Last chorus was amazing also. I’m not going to give it a high score cuz i feel like there is a lot of types of songs like this, and the songs i give high scores too are normally songs that stand out for me. I won’t really remember this lol

Old Man Crayon- This is really basic. Like i have heard SO MANY songs that sound exactly the same as this.

Ramin Djawadi- I don’t watch Game Of Thrones :/ I like the instrumental and the strings, but it does not fit into this contest sorry :/

Superfruit- No lol, the lyrics are really bad, and the vocals are not that great. Also it’s very messy, but i don’t mind it tbh, it has a nice *juicy* *fruity* type of beat lol. But most of it is just no.
2468 days 8 hours ago
Patrick319
1) flor - The beat is pretty good but I'm not a fan of the vocals. The voice is too muffled and I literally can't comprehend a single word he (or she?) says. It's about halfway there for me.
2) Dotter - Enjoying the instrumentation right off the bat. She has a very pretty voice and I love how seamlessly this rolls into the chorus from the first verse. It's like silk, and it only builds from there. Fantastic song.
3) Kerri Watt - Wasn't sure about this until she started singing. She has a very nice voice as well, and the song definitely grows along with her vocals. The chorus isn't necessarily my cup of tea but as a whole, this is a pretty cute song.
4) Jain - This is interesting. It sounds like a Fallulah song, but maybe not as good. The chorus is pretty good but the verses are a little off-putting to me.
5) Celtic Woman - Love Oonagh! This is a daring entry but I think it's going to pay off.
6) Mike Taylor - The long intro is leaving a sour taste in my mouth TBH. Eh, I don't think I like his voice. There is some grit to his voice but I just don't think it's that special nor adds much to the song, which was a little boring until the chorus.
7) Alice on the Roof - This is a pretty dreary contest so far. Nothing about this appealed to me, sadly. I found it quite boring.
8) Ladybaby - Ugh no.
9) Rachel Crow - I am so grateful for this bop tbh http://www.eurweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/paula-comforts-nicole.jpg
10) Coeur de Pirate - I like what this song is trying to accomplish but it takes a little too long for anything to happen. The chorus was definitely the best but still doesn't leave me feeling fulfilled.
11) The Strike - This is pretty fun. It built well but the chorus was disappointingly generic. Still enjoyed it though.
12) Billy Lewis Jr. - Nice voice, but the song doesn't do much for me.
13) Alan Walker - I'm not going to jump in on the Alan Walker hate train because I quite like his songs. This was fine for what it was. It definitely had its moments but for the most part it felt a little flat.
14) China Anne McClain - Mess. But it's enjoyable, especially in this lineup.
15) C:REAL - This has a bit of a vintage feel to it, but not in the best way. It ain't bad but I'm not really liking it either.
16) Joakim Lundell - Alan Walker, is that you? This literally sounds like an Alan Walker song (Faded or Alone I forget which one). So yeah, the production is beyond predictable but I did enjoy it lol.
17) Starley - Predicting Steve sent this. It ain't bad. Better than most of the other entries.
18) Carrie Underwood - Lol who sent this. It's a cute song though and it's nice to have a country flair this week so I'm not complaining.
19) Lys Assia - http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4oux8ycXA1qlx6t0o1_250.gif
20) We is Shore Dedicated - A little sleepy. I'm not a fan of this.
21) Sabina Ddumba - Was considering sending "Did It For The Fame" last week. This is much different to that, and while I really enjoy the beat, it's still not a home run.
22) Old Man Canyon - Not bad. Kinda enjoyable.
23) Ramin Djawadi - Great instrumental. Don't know how this will fare but it definitely stands out (to me at least).
24) Superfruit - I shouldn't like this but I do. Not a bad closer.

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!