This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 542: Runner-Ups Final

Topic » TSC 542: Runner-Ups Final

57 days 9 hours ago
ryan5676
15) Fedde Le Grand - 'Let Me Think About It (ft. Ida Corr)'
(2nd in TSC 294)
57 days 9 hours ago
ryan5676
16) Panic! At The Disco - 'Miss Jackson (ft. LOLO)'
(2nd in TSC 331)
57 days 9 hours ago
ryan5676
17) Beyoncé - 'Deja Vu (ft. Jay-Z)'
(2nd in TSC 176)

ALT LINK:
57 days 9 hours ago
ryan5676
18) Vanessa Hudgens vs YLA - '$$$ex'
(Vanessa Hudgens 2nd in TSC 529)
57 days 9 hours ago
ryan5676
19) Grimes - 'MY NAME IS DARK'
(2nd in TSC 391)
57 days 9 hours ago
ryan5676
20) KISS OF LIFE - 'Nobody Knows'
(2nd in TSC 521)
57 days 9 hours ago
ryan5676
21) Raiche - 'Late Show'
(2nd in TSC 536)
57 days 9 hours ago
ryan5676
22) Karen Mok - 'A Golden Flower'
(2nd in TSC 530)
57 days 9 hours ago
ryan5676
23) Fujii Kaze - 'Shinunoga E-Wa'
(2nd in TSC 474)
57 days 9 hours ago
ryan5676
24) Tina Turner - 'What's Love Got To Do With It'
(2nd in TSC 372)
57 days 9 hours ago
ryan5676
All 24 song have been posted!!!!!

You got until Sunday 9pm GMT/5pm EST to comment and message me your votes!
57 days 7 hours ago
Yoko_Homo
1- the melody does not convince me, it is very monotonous although I like the chorus
I like theater sets, choreography and dancers. I didn't like the final part very much

2- I don't like this. It's the typical "look at me, I'm angry and I'm wild. The production is good. From minute 2 onwards it gets good. I like the parts where she sings normally better."

3- the visual here is great and beautiful. Her voice shines as always. I would have liked a slower pace

4- I like her voice and her instrumentals gave me retro vibes. I liked

5- dated. great voice but that genre personally bores me
6- like the song don't like the video
7- nothing from another world
8 the song is beautiful her voice is nice the choreography personally I didn't like it one bit. I noticed it was messy

9- I heard this whole thing because I could hear current scolding me in my mind. It was a great sacrifice because the instruments did not match the voice. It became very tedious and annoying to listen to this.
10- This is great, I enjoyed it a lot. Without understanding much English, what was happening in the video was illustrative. slay her voice is sweet

11- typical feminine Mexican melodic style. That makes it iconic because you can see that she has references that inspire her. I enjoyed it from start to finish

12- DATED IM SORRY

13- this is beautiful

14-i dont like this sorry
57 days 5 hours ago
Currents
01) Jungle - this is pleasant background noise! it eventually gets a little repetitive but this was a cute start

02) PVRIS - this was really corny at first but grew on me a bit throughout the listen. until the end then it got a little annoying. yeah nope sorry i really had a rollercoaster of emotions here but me no likey

03) Amaarae - my girl <3 such a light, breezy bop, beautifully produced, catchy melody, clever lyrics. shes just that girl idk

04) Mitski - had my foot a tappin. quite enjoyed this!

05) Deborah Cox - ohhhh work, her voice is awesome, instant playlist add and i literally love every part of this. songs like this are why i still suffer on this terrible website for htis website.

06) Connie Constance - yeah this is nice, her voice is beautiful and theres a lot of cool things going on here (well produced, nicely progresses, solid vocal arrangements). bop of a week so far!

07) The Pussycat Dolls - nooooooo because this is tea!!! i listened to this in my cd player religiously as a child so im quite familiar with this bop, maybe the best nicole has ever sounded in her whole career, production is crazy (trumpets? period), they even let melody get her cursive ad libs in!!! work

08) Griff - loveee this girl, mostly from afar, but the few songs of hers i do know, i love. this isn’t my favorite song of hers, but i still find it so impressive how she continues to carve her own lane within the post taylor pop girl lane. feels very singular and sold me on the song by the end. bop

09) The Cat Empire - i really like the verses but the chorus feels a little too goofy for me production-wise. doesnt leave me dying to relisten

10) girl in red - ooh ok maybe i should get into this lady! this spoke to me as an overdramatic king. well written and she sounds good. another good entry!

11) Kali Uchis - she sounds amazing and i love the theaterics in this song (and video). it’s cool but ends quite abruptly, i was really hoping for more there! otherwise i enjoyed

12) Céline Dion - omggg i forgot about this song! i remember stanning this and thought this was her biggest song ever because it was from stuart little 2. i feel like id really get into this at a wedding or drunk at some function. but would i seek it out on my own to listen? im not sure. either way its fabulous

13) Abi Ocia - very soothing and pretty. kinda sounds like an aly & aj reject LMAO and im obviously not mad at that. this sorta came and went but it was technically very solid & i enjoyed it enough

14) Rakky Ripper, Rizha, detunedfreq - lol hits like an espresso shot after that last one! i dont *dislike* this, but it does feel like a headache and with a couple tweaks it could have been excellent.

15) Fedde Le Grand - this bop is on a collaborative playlist and i always skip because the first 8 or so seconds annoy me but then when the OONTS OONTS gets injected its actually quite excellent. the trumpets are so fun like get into thissss. so ahead of its time for being 2006 if you think about it

16) Panic! At The Disco - lolllll the way i had a poster from this tour in my room until last year when i redid my room. this was never my favorite of theirs, it’s catchy and like fun to sing along with but i don’t think this sound aged particularly well

17) Beyoncé - yeah i had formation as my entry but knew i’d be triggered by people inevitably not getting it so i took a different direction and… im okay with that because now i get to point beyonce! i recently ranked my top 31 bey songs and this ended up at #5. just a perfect song i mean cmon now

18) Vanessa Hudgens vs YLA - OMGGG I FORGOT ABOUT THIS! in another week this would receive points/attention from me based solely on nostalgia but there’s too much competition for me to take this seriously. but that chorus is a bop idc

19) Grimes - a lot that could have been sent from her so this is interesting to choose! this is pretty boring i honestly put this on and forgot i was listening to music

20) KISS OF LIFE - these ladies are cool kk im convinced. i liked the song from best of 2023 too. a fun vibe, i like the 90s influence on production

21) Raiche - i thought i’d be into this from the thumbnail. never judge a book by its cover

22) Karen Mok - this is cool and i respect the craft, i like how unique it is. but it really isnt for me.

23) Fujii Kaze - we are not ending the contest on the best notes are we? i mean not his singing - he has quite a pretty voice. melody/productions feel like different parts of bieber (not old bieber. like yummy era bieber) disjointedly stitched together - that sounds strong and its not offensively bad or anything but it’s true

24) Tina Turner - LOL great closer. timeless melody and her voice is craazyyyyy. yet another eat for the TSC community!
56 days 13 hours ago
Joee323
01) Jungle - oh this is VIBEYYYY yes! Jungle is a band i've never interacted with but i'm loving this.
02) PVRIS - enjoyed it! scared i will forget it by the end though
03) Amaarae - chill poppy vibes, very catchy and fun!
04) Mitski - MOMMMMMMM she needs justice for not having won TSC. This whole album is amazing too
05) Deborah Cox - another mother plz, i like this 90s soul style and it's good to be introduced to her other music as i only know the main bops
06) Connie Constance - taking me back to a certain HSC NF where i 12'd this SMMM, so that's my thoughts on this song
07) The Pussycat Dolls - i'm not the biggest pussycat dolls fan tbh, i mean they do have bops dont get me wrong but sadly this is not one of them
08) Griff - i love her voice, and the lyrics were beautiful too. Really got into this one !!
09) The Cat Empire - this sticks out so far as being pretty different which i appreciate, the instrumentals and vocals are pretty fun too!
10) girl in red - i love girl in red so i was excited to see them here, hadn't heard this song before and i'm a fan :) not they fave of theirs but still good and very them
11) Kali Uchis - oh so gorgeous, her voice is beautiful
12) Céline Dion - so iconic, its been forever since i heard this song lmao so was fun to rediscover it. i wanna go dance to this at the end of the night in a club when im many drinks down. It's also so funny how much eurovision this gives.
13) Abi Ocia - like this one as well (wow no one is missing lmao) maybe not as much as the others though, it's a good-mid to me.
14) Rakky Ripper, Rizha, detunedfreq - not totally my style of music tbhhh like it's boppy but doesnt leave a great impression on myself personally
15) Fedde Le Grand - good song! but not one i will remember i fear :(
16) Panic! At The Disco - OH NO my first flop i'm sorry to this song
17) Beyoncé - can jay z gtfo??? let beyonce do her thing already
18) Vanessa Hudgens vs YLA - vanessa singing about sex is so funny to me like thats gabrielle from HSM
19) Grimes - problematic but i do love her music
20) KISS OF LIFE - kinda fun and cute didnt change my life though
21) Raiche - nice song but one that is lost to me in everything else, sadly its just a very strong edition this week
22) Karen Mok - OMGGG love this so much, the winner of the second half
23) Fujii Kaze - blinks at me liking a song by a man, i love the mix of languages and his voice yesss
24) Tina Turner - obviously this is a timeless and classic song which is a CRIME not to love, but i come to TSC to discover new music so it just feels a bit safe to me personally
56 days 11 hours ago
FromAWindow
01) Jungle - Yassssssssssssssssss love this song!!!! Wouldn’t have been *my* pick from this album, it actually would’ve been funny if problems was sent bc it’s the same video as good times which is what got them 2nd LMAO!!! But I love this!!! Love jungle sm!!! The video is iconic duh!

02) PVRIS - No! Actually…oh I hate to say this is better than expected. This still smells but it’s not bad tbh, the instrumentation is kinda cool tbh. The vocals are still cringe but it’s not bad overall!

03) Amaarae - MOMMMMMMMMMM it’s really so funny I have yet to send this album to tsc yet lmao. I mean. Like. What are we supposed to do? This is a banger of ultimate proportions. Still wouldn’t have been my pick, I’m waiting for Princess going digital or disguise or sociopathic dance queen to be sent, but like. Amaarae has 10 winners in her so I’ll take it :) incredible song!!!!

04) Mitski - Okay I really need to get into mitski huh? I didn’t totally get her last album but this is really cool. I remember liking songs from this album that were sent to me hmm. This is really gorgeous. Loveeeeeeeee the instrumentation!!!!!

05) Deborah Cox - Oh this is cute!!!! This is actually so funny lmao. Why does she sound EXACTLY like Whitney like whoaaaaa. This feels like a carbon copy of a Whitney Houston vocal on a 90s rnb song which like. Serveeeee ya know? I like this!!!

06) Connie Constance - Alright let’s see if I get this this time! I’ve had like 3-4 chances lmao. Okayyyyyyyy I’m getting it more. Theres more in the production than I thought before. Oh wow. Okayyyyyy I get this this time!!! I’m glad I didn’t before so Tell Somebody could be in hsc instead of this, but this is very good!!!! Winner???

07) The Pussycat Dolls - Yassssssssssssssssssss fun pick!!! Not obvious but like bawpppppppppppp this is very me. Like. Whoaaaaaa oh I’m obsessedddddd. This is so gorgeous, buttons you’re so over.

08) Griff - Cute! Sweet! All her songs are starting to sound the same to me. Except for colossal hit one night obviously, that still holds up to this day. This is fine. I like it, I can tell it’s good I just am a little bored. If this was the first song of hers I’d gotten into I’d likely like it more, sorry!

09) The Cat Empire - Well. This really predicted annoying men in the mid to late 2000s huh.

10) girl in red - Meh not for me. I don’t get this woman. Yeah I don’t get this. The bridge is good but meh, it doesn’t sell me on this. Her Spotify profile pic is taking me the fuck out though skskskssjsjsjsksksk

11) Kali Uchis - I kinda live for this pick. Like what a statement for tsc tbh. This is soooooooooo gorgeous but so was the rest of this album so that checks out. Like. Yeahhhhhhhhhh, I’m sooooooo sold I love this woman sm. WHAT A MOMENT LIKE IT JUST KEEPS GOING YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS GIVE KALI UCHIS HER WIN!!!!!!

12) Céline Dion - I’m dead actually.

13) Abi Ocia - Oh I mean this woman refuses to miss. This is actually so so so so so so gorgeous. Like whoaaaaaaaaaaa. I can’t wait to play this on loop tbh, like abi ocia really came in here pissed off and she kinda deserves a win!!!

14) Rakky Ripper, Rizha, detunedfreq - YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS THIS IS SO UNHINGED BUT ITS SOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD OMFG WINNERRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

15) Fedde Le Grand - Oh I know this of course!!!!! I hadn’t heard the original omggggggg!!! This is soooooooooo gaggy!!!!!!! I really like this!!!!!!

16) Panic! At The Disco - This in the middle of everything else is so funny I’m sorry this isn’t for me :hugs:

17) Beyoncé - Oh yuppppppppppppppppp wait this plays are Starbucks lmao. This is better than crazy in love but people aren’t ready to hear that tbh. Bawpppppppppppppppppp!!!! This instrumentation is fucking wildddddddd I’m kinda getting my best life tbh.

18) Vanessa Hudgens vs YLA - Jin we love you so much. This is kinda more iconic than sneaker night in a way tbh BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE THIS BREAKDOWN YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS what an incredible send like wow. Send the clean version next!!!!!!!

19) Grimes - Oh I’m afraid this is incredible. This chorus like wheewwwwwwwwwww yassssssssssssssssss I really enjoy this!!!!! There’s just a lot of stuff going on but imo it all comes together really well!!! It’s very long so…there’s that!!!!! But yassssssssssssss!!!!!!

20) KISS OF LIFE - Who tf was saying their other stuff was bad???? This is greattttt!!!!!! This is really cuteeeeeeeee but I’m loving the instrumentation, I’m jammingggggg!!!!! This was really really great I kinda lived for this!!!! It’s so funny the kpop that gets promoted and meanwhile collapses like this exist ya know????

21) Raiche - Oh kinda live for this yasssssssss!!!!!! Its good! It’s a little subdued especially compared to all these colossal hits but I do like this!!!!

22) Karen Mok - Whoever submitted this we see you and love you and appreciate you, this was so necessary in this week tbh Karen Mok truly deserves redemption tbh, even if this isn’t nearly as good as her last song. Okay this bridge/outro ig is hitting yassssssssssss good song!!!!

23) Fujii Kaze - Oh! This has 523 million streams? THIS?!?!?!?!

24) Tina Turner - Good song! Cute! I’d have preferred the best or proud Mary really but I’m sure that’s been sent. Good song! Boring pick and even more boring closer imagine if we ended on proud Mary yasssssss

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!