This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 542: Runner-Ups Final

Topic » TSC 542: Runner-Ups Final

74 days 22 hours ago
turkeylover
01) Jungle - this is nice! i don’t really listen to jungle but i feel like i’ve heard this already idk but i do like it!
02) PVRIS - oh i don’t like this at all it’s kinda corny and i don’t think they fully commit to it
03) Amaarae - kinda bald this hasnt been sent already??? but this is so good she’s so clearly winning this week too also she owes capricorns an apology
04) Mitski - did she have nothing else available…. it’s cute but idk i expected more from mitski
05) Deborah Cox - oh this bop…. she ate
06) Connie Constance - honestly bop idc i know i was rooting against this bad in my nf but now that it’s not in hsc this is a hit 🫶
07) The Pussycat Dolls - oh…. it’s cute? i kinda don’t care about this at all…
08) Griff - wait this is kinda eating…. i didn’t know she had this in her
09) The Cat Empire - oh this was so bad whatever 2nd place they got (probably on accident) should be taken back idk
10) girl in red - it’s cute… it’s sweet… i wanted something a bit more but im not mad at it 🫶
11) Kali Uchis - oh this was a hit… kali mom kinda
12) Céline Dion - not as bad as expected from celine… but still not good jdhdjshd sorry…. rmr when taylor didn’t hug her at the grammys and then suddenly everyone cared about celine
13) Abi Ocia - oh this was cute :3 maybe not the biggest stand out but i like it!
14) Rakky Ripper, Rizha, detunedfreq - BOP!! no like this is such a hit rakky mother….
15) Fedde Le Grand - oh bop… kind of a classic like….
16) Panic! At The Disco - absolutely not
17) Beyoncé - oh easily one of her best…. the bridge >>>> ended crazy in love with ease
18) Vanessa Hudgens vs YLA - BAWPPPPPP dare i say this is better than sneakernight… the measiness… the vocal delivery…. the noisy production breakdown…. she was ahead of her time
19) Grimes - oh i like this a lot…. if grimes wasn’t so annoying i’d get into their music but i’ve liked everything i’ve heard!
20) KISS OF LIFE - oh i mean sugarcoat outsold but this is still boppy yasss
21) Raiche - oh this is cute…. nothing too exciting but i like it! idk if i’d return to this later
22) Karen Mok - this was fun! i liked it… yeah 🫶
23) Fujii Kaze - this is fine! it just kinda passed by idk…
24) Tina Turner - oh a classic! bop!
74 days 22 hours ago
tbrown_47
01) Jungle: I’ll always have time for Jungle. This is a nice, low key, groovy vibe. Not my favorite Jungle song by any means, but it scratches the itch
02) PVRIS: I unfortunately don’t really have time for PVRIS…and that chorus is kind of the reason why. This is just not for me
03) Amaarae: Bop
04) Mitski: Mitski is very hit or miss for me. This is probably my least favorite song I’ve heard from her
05) Deborah Cox: Legend, icon, mother, etc
06) Connie Constance: LMAO throwback to when I changed my votes so she would lose the NF. I was so real for that. It has aged since I last heard it
07) The Pussycat Dolls: The way I forgot this song exists. Yassssssssss
08) Griff: Sure!
09) The Cat Empire: LMFAO. The irreparable damage white people brought to ska music. But they looked like they were having fun, so I smiled
10) girl in red: Not for me
11) Kali Uchis: This was nice
12) Céline Dion: A real one would’ve sent this fun(ny) ass song
13) Abi Ocia: I probably wouldn’t have sent her because her original runner-up song was so, so gorgeous. This just unfortunately doesn’t compare. But this is still a nice song, and I enjoy her voice. In the context of this week, it’s good enough
14) Rakky Ripper, Rizha, detunedfreq: Considering this is Rakky Ripper, I thought it would be way worse. It’s ok
15) Fedde Le Grand: Honestly, kind of a bop. A ball of fun. I’m about it
16) Panic! At The Disco: Well
17) Beyoncé: Thank god this isn’t anything from Renaissance. That album is seriously overrated. While I would’ve 12’d just about any song from Lemonade, I respect the blast to the past. I’m all about this. Bopaso
18) Vanessa Hudgens vs YLA: LMAO wtf is this? I mean it’s genuinely terrible, but I respect the entry
19) Grimes: As annoying as she is, she has some good songs. This is not one of them
20) KISS OF LIFE: I love the instrumentation and the vibe, but I don’t love the song in its entirety. Something about the vocals is really taking me out. Natty should go solo I fear
21) Raiche: This sound has been done better by others I fear. It’s cute though
22) Karen Mok: Lol this is kind of camp. I’m actually getting my life. Winner winner, chicken dinner
23) Fujii Kaze: It’s cute, but kind of uneventful. Everything about this is pretty standard
24) Tina Turner: I mean this wouldn’t have been my Tina pick but icon
74 days 21 hours ago
QueenMichelle
01) Jungle - i do think jungle is cool. this song though personally wasnt great it just stayed at the same place the entire time imo.. I would never listen to it again just a bit tew boring unfortunately

02) PVRIS - i used to be saurrr obsessed w pvris all those years ago.. this song sounds like it'd fit in with their songs from like 6 years ago.. like idk if this is recent or not but id be shocked if it is because it doesn't sound current to me. I didn't like it unfortunately they have better

03) Amaarae - this bawp is so good. I actually could've sworn this was in tsc before but anyways thats besides the point! forever one of her best songs idccc. we love an immaculate production!

04) Mitski - i do like mitski of course.. but idk girls the song was not one of her best personally. It was very average for her

05) Deborah Cox - u know what im not mad at this. im never listening to it again but she ate tbh.. the passion in her vocal like yass

06) Connie Constance - i know we drag connie but if we're being fr the chorus on this is such a serve. like I do enjoy this I have to speak my truth.

07) The Pussycat Dolls - okay pussycat dolls b side.. i love when a b side bops like omg I was kinda moving.. scherzy did her BIG one w this..

08) Griff - she's gorj. this is one of her better songs for sure i like the lyrics. there's not much to it but there's charm here 4 shore yass.

09) The Cat Empire - soon as it started I knew it was gonna be a big lump of doodoo SHITE. this was actually very awful when I think abt it. like I could blurt words out into a mic and put fuck ass instruments over it. it was loud but found a way to still be boring as fuck

10) girl in red - she's a cute girl i suppose. i did have a phase where I was obsessed w her too.. i haven't checked for her in years but this wasn't bad, it was kinda interesting how it built.

11) Kali Uchis - I'm living for this bossa nova serve from miss kali.. like I'm bald I didn't know she was bringing this level of excellence to the music industry. best song I've heard from her ❤️

12) Céline Dion - we love miss dion.. this is a nice song and all but for tengaged song contest i personally do not care for this on the context of THIS contest. but that's just me girls.

13) Abi Ocia - aww I had this on my list when it first came out but never got around to sending it, it's so gorjuss to me ughhh hope she does well ❤️
14) Rakky Ripper, Rizha, detunedfreq - rakky ripper is allergic to making bad music. just luv my sister sm. she's gonna flop so bad mom I feel like in tsc current climate ppl gonna drag this for no reason. but I'm moving so much I would love to lose my shit to this in a CLURB

15) Fedde Le Grand - im gonna speak my truth. I find this song annoying 💔 sorry girls. I hate hate HATEEE the chorus on this.

16) Panic! At The Disco - im actually so bored of seeing the name panic at the disco.. and i literally never see them so that's saying a lot. i just feel like we've progressed passed the need for this band unfortunately.

17) Beyoncé - i mean sure! objectively a good song but I don't personally enjoy it that much. we needed TEXAS HOLD EM!

18) Vanessa Hudgens vs YLA - 2024 and im still discovering more information to add to the vanessa hudgens iceberg.. this was SO futuristic like very 3024. I won't be shocked if lesser beings don't get this collapse

19) Grimes - i do enjoy a bit of this fraudsters music. this was long as hell but I did enjoy it for the most part.

20) KISS OF LIFE - ooh this is diff to their last entry. i actually quite liked it yasss. just a cute little serve. that bridge was a bit corny but anyway it was cute overall

21) Raiche - i knew she was abt to bring a sultry serve after her last entry. just good as FUCK.

22) Karen Mok - i love when the producer just DGAFFFFFFFF like yess. this was so random to me but I did kinda love it

23) Fujii Kaze - I wanted to like this way more than I did idk it was a strange song girls. sort of bad.

24) Tina Turner - rest in peace mom ❤️ idk how I'm meant to rank this because it's cute but I'd never choose to listen to it
74 days 21 hours ago
Mrkk
01) Jungle - rly liked this!! groovy and a fun opener. these harmonies made it for me
02) PVRIS - i think this won't be everyone's cup of tea, but i liked it a bit. maybe the chorus could be less screamy with more value on the production
03) Amaarae - her album has better but this is a bop and the mv is so good. i hoped for smth different but we'll take it
04) Mitski - talking about amazing albums this pick is so great! incredible choice i love her so much
05) Deborah Cox - cute <3
06) Connie Constance - nice start, got kinda boring in between but the chorus was listenable, not the most memorable song so far but not a bad experience either
07) The Pussycat Dolls - wow this actually ate. i'm always down for some trumpets. they ate deborah cox up but i don't wanna put queens against eachother (still true)
08) Griff - i think i heard 2 songs from her but this one is the best. I can see her becoming a new basic pop girlie in the future. actually she better apply for the next 100 days of pop girlies season
09) The Cat Empire - I was vibing so much. love this jazz-esque sort of thing, i didn't understand a single word but that didn't rly matter
10) girl in red - some parts were insanely good, others were meh. i just found out she's norwegian lmfao
11) Kali Uchis - i love this direction she's taking. I rly prefer when she sings in spanish it works more for her honestly
12) Céline Dion - awwwwww a bit boring.
13) Abi Ocia - not my cup of tea honestly but i didn't hate it, her voice is stunning
14) Rakky Ripper, Rizha, detunedfreq - i think i should've enjoyed this more than i actually did
15) Fedde Le Grand - wow that was not what i expected, i rly liked it
16) Panic! At The Disco - huh
17) Beyoncé - give bey all the rap parts too and it's perfection
18) Vanessa Hudgens vs YLA - yas? idk i didn't feel the energy
19) Grimes - oh dear god
20) KISS OF LIFE - this week is rly boring isn't it
21) Raiche - sigh also wished i liked this more
22) Karen Mok - not really the best this week but at least it had variety
23) Fujii Kaze - cute melody, he's weird af. avoid english words next time
24) Tina Turner - aww this was a nice finale ngl. rip queen
74 days 20 hours ago
Moviemusicguy123
1.        Jungle-I Really enjoyed how smooth and silky the vocals were. The vocals reminded me of a mix of both Celeste and H.E.R. The only problem I had was there wasn’t enough substance in the lyrics and the song was forgettable.
2.        PVRIS-This song was like a big punch to my face in the best possible way. I love how raw the emotion was in the vocals as well as the aggressiveness. Plus, the hard rock instrumentals were strong too.
3.        Amaarae-No disrespect to you, but this song was the worst out of the 3 submitted so far. The lyrics were too repetitive for me, and I disliked the electronic instrumentals. Vocally wise, it was nice but nothing
special
4.        Mitski-This was very original in terms of vocals, scenery, and lyrics and the best song submitted so far. While PVRIS was entertaining, this song had more unique qualities and was different too.
5.        Deborah Cox-This was a good song and nice vocals as well.
6.        Connie Constance-I’ve never heard of this song before, but it was instantly catchy and easy to sing along to. Also, the vocals seemed very smooth and original.
7.        The Pussycat Dolls-This song is a BOP! Also, Nicole Sherzinger has proven that she is a power vocalist and can sing any type of song including this song. Also, I loved the harmonies and the energy provided with this song.
8.        Griff-This song is contention as the worst song for me in this competition. The vocals were messy even with the autotune. Plus, the electronic music didn’t help the song, instead it dragged. I’m usually okay with electronic music backed by vocals, but the vocals have to be good and this wasn’t.
9.        The Cat Empire-What I really love about this song is, the mix of genres being Ska, Rap, and Jazz. It all blends well together, and it makes this song a standout in this game. There’s been a lot of good songs submitted so far, and this is one of them
10.        Girl in Red-While I liked the originality in the vocals, I thought that the song itself was boring. It was a solid attempt to post a good indie pop song, but this one didn’t work for me
11.        Kali Uchis-I enjoyed the vocals and how exotic it was. Plus, the orchestral accompaniment added to the good experience
12.        Celine Dion-I enjoy listening to some of Celine Dion's music, and while this song was good, it wasn't one of my favorite songs from her. The energy was there as well as the strong vocals, but there wasn't enough substance to make "I'm Alive" memorable.
13.        Abi Ocla-I really enjoyed the vocals and the emotion that Abi put into the song. I could tell that what she was singing about was very meaningful to her. But for me, I couldn’t connect with this song. It’s not a bad song, just a tad underwhelming.
14.        Rakky Ripper, Rizha, detuenedfreq-This song was way overproduced, and I wouldn’t even count this song as music.
15.        Fedde Le Grand-I really wanted to like this, but it had too much electronic music. But, I enjoyed the vocals though.
16.        Panic! At the Disco-The vocals were INSANE! However, the song itself wasn’t great. It just seemed like an average male pop band song.
17.        Beyonce-This is classic Beyonce and I forgot about this song! “Deju Vu” was very catchy and one of her best vocals. It’s not an amazing song, but it’s fun to listen to.
18.        Vanessa Hudgens vs YLA-Omg Vanessa Hudgens deserves so much better than this terrible song. Vanessa Hudgens is a great singer, but this song doesn’t showcase anything for her. I understand that this song is made for a Dance Party and nothing more than that, but it’s not for me.
19.        Grimes-This song is very generic for a Dance Party song, but at least the vocals were good.
20.        KISS OF LIFE-I enjoyed that this song was a mix of soul, jazz, and K-pop. Plus, the vocals were strong, and I enjoyed the background singers.
21.        Raiche-This singer reminds me of Dua Lipa which is a good thing. I don’t love this song, but the vocals were nice. Also, this song is the best electronic song submitted. The electronic music didn’t overpower the vocals.
22.        Karen Mok-I wish the singer would have chosen a different instrumentals instead of what she chose instead. Karen has a good voice, but the instrumentals overpower her voice.
23.        Fujii Kaze-I really enjoyed the vocals and the music, but the song didn’t wow me unlike some of the other songs that were submitted.
24.        Tina Turner-QUEEN TINA! This song is by far one of her best songs, and it’s awesome that this was submitted. The vocals weren’t amazing though, but the songwriting helps.
74 days 20 hours ago
ryan5676
74 days 20 hours ago
ryan5676
74 days 20 hours ago
ryan5676
74 days 20 hours ago
ryan5676
74 days 20 hours ago
ryan5676
74 days 20 hours ago
ryan5676
74 days 20 hours ago
ryan5676
74 days 20 hours ago
ryan5676
74 days 20 hours ago
ryan5676
74 days 20 hours ago
ryan5676

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!