This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM8 - Challenge & Photoshoot (8)

Topic » #NTM8 - Challenge &..

2512 days 21 hours ago
aj1111
Lily Collins as Patience

http://lilycollins.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10003/5~35.jpg

Someone who has patience is peacefull, good, etc and that was what I conveyed in this photo.
2512 days 19 hours ago
Neme91
Lucky Blue Smith as Diligent

In this last few rounds I have put my all into my photoshoots and time and time again I received the feedback that I was playing it too safe. It hurts sometimes when you hear that over and over that no matter how you model it's just safe. That's why I chose diligence for this photo shoot. I have to keep being persistence and keep putting as much effort as I can to better myself. There many ways diligence can come into play and one line I do like in the many definitions I found is that "diligence is watching one's own self to not be lazy but active" and that got to me. I want to do a shoot that conveys something. i put all my energy into this shoot and not go the lazy route. This shoot I'm choosing to showcase the judges is a risk but it's better than a safe risk. i'm not here to look like I'm being lazy, I'm here to be the Next Top Model and I will keep pushing and pushing myself for greatness till I get there. That's why I am diligent and why I chose it and why I present you tonight with this photo:

http://data.whicdn.com/images/209283750/original.jpg
2512 days 16 hours ago
Montenegro
Elva Hsiao as Chastity

http://i.imgur.com/LPZBQF4.jpg

In taking this photo I did not want to follow the preconceptions of purity and innocence being childlike or immature in any way, hence the grown-up, adult styling of this photo. I wanted to capture a woman who is chaste, but not necessarily 'sweet'. The light make up I have used in this photo however does connote purity in that it is so gently done; this photo captures me as someone who is in touch with their own appearance.
2512 days 10 hours ago
rahrah
Francisco: Kindness

http://www.franciscolachowski.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/francisco-lachowski-mavi-spring-summer-featured.jpg

This was hard cause kindness is such a big category. I focused on a smile, and making the people around you happy. Kindness can be just love in a way, making sure the people around you are smiling and not upset. Therefore Francisco is smiling in this photo because he is making the women he loves happy as she smiles with him.
2512 days 8 hours ago
haycsclair
Sui He - HUMILITY

First of all, thank you for the challenge, Lucky.

It's time for you, Judges, to see a photo of me that is not so fierce. Now you will see the soft side of Sui He. A side that you haven't seen in my photos before. I hope when you look at the photo, you will see a humble, simple, contented woman who lives a simple life. A woman who doesn't live in luxury and who is not so flashy. A woman who is pure and think of herself less.

Well, some of my fellow competitors think that I have this "cocky" personality. But the truth is that I'm a very opinionated woman. I always express what I feel inside and what is going on my mind. I'm bold and confident, but not to the point of being overconfident. There is a thin line between confidence and arrogance. That's what we call HUMILITY.

In this photo, I didn't interpret humility LITERALLY. I symbolize humility as opposed to PRIDE. We always see pride as someone who always hold his head up high. In this photo of mine, I keep my head down. We can look at it as someone who keeps her feet on the ground. Someone who doesn't let the fame go to her head. The white outfit signifies the contentment within. If we are humble, we don't brag the things we have and we are content of what we have.

Thank you.

https://cache.gmo2.sistacafe.com/images/uploads/content_image/image/239238/1477651042-12826058_1525116987792194_1640668734_n.jpg
2512 days 4 hours ago
carlyjordan14
- Elva Hsiao (Montenegro) = Chastity
When I look at this I see power. The stance is strong and your look is conservative, yet beautiful. I think you did an excellent job capturing the meaning of your word.

- Francisco Lachowski (rahrah) = Kindness
Out of all the words, I think you had the easiest. However, this seems to be the weakest of the bunch. While the smile conveys kindness, this shot is lacking for me in being more dynamic. It’s the top 7, so you have to be on point each and every week.

- Gigi Hadid (coolKat) = Abstinence
I think the concept is brilliant, but the overall staging needs some work. I do love the idea behind it and how you are trying to demonstrate abstinence.

- Lily Collins (aj1111) = Patience
This is a headshot, but it connects so beautifully with the word, patience. You have this gentle aura exuding from the shot. It’s stunning!

- Lucky Blue Smith (Neme91) = Diligence
Out of all your shoots, this might just be your best yet! I love the meaning behind this and how it looks like your actively planning out the rest of the competition. The styling is on point and this doesn’t feel cliche.

- Sean O'Pry (imprincearthur) = Liberality
As a whole, I like this shot. The lighting is perfect. The filter is on point, along with the styling. However, I don’t fully connect it with your chosen word.

- Sui He (haycsclair) = Humility
This shot on the surface is plain and simple. However, your description of it is so strong and really brings the meaning behind this shot to reality. Beautiful job!

Lucky - 9.5
Lily - 9.4
Sui - 9.3
Elva - 9.2
Sean - 8.9
Gigi - 8.3
Francisco - 8.0
2511 days 23 hours ago
wileycoyote
Sean: bit of disconnect for the theme, good shot posing and expression are great but i feel like you coulda done more then a kind face
Gigi: when your the least interesting part of a photo your doing something wrong, not sure where the theme fits in at all
Lily: Lazy, basic, cmon its top 7, im not accepting this
Lucky: I love this, you really took control and owned it
Elva: the shoots very cliche but your explanation shows you put real thought into this
Franscisco: you probably got the easiest one but completely failed to do anything with it, not only is this stock but your partners outdoing you
Sui: easily your weakest week, i understand the concept but thats no excuse for bad framing and a weak ill-considered color pallette

Lucky: 10
Sean: 7.2
Elva: 7.0
Gigi: 3.4
Sui: 1.0
Franscisco: 0.5
Lily: 0.0

yeah a lot of you didnt do great this week, its top 7 nows the time to step it up not rest on your laurels
2511 days 22 hours ago
aj1111
How did I get a very high score then a zero
https://media.tenor.com/images/fb3f2d1e814190100a4ae401b1660d5b/tenor.gif
2511 days 22 hours ago
haycsclair
*gets shocked at the score Judge Marlon given to me*

I'm nervous.
2511 days 19 hours ago
coolKat
*cringes at my score from Marlon*
2511 days 12 hours ago
Jameslu
Sean: Quite a job since you had the hardest virtue to do, yet you exceled.

Gigi: Good Job GG! I like this shot a lot cause it shows you at peace and content with life, abstaining from all the bad things.

Lily: I actually really like this shot. It shows longing and waiting which resembles patience, LOVE! Just wish it was a full body shot.

Lucky: This is beautiful. PERFECTION. Best shot of the SEASON. I wish I could give you more than 10.

Elva: This is by far one of your best shots. Good to see that you listening to us.

Francisco: I love this photo! But it doesn't go with the theme of Kindness. The girl grabs my attraction first. Good pic just not what we wanted. I have been hard on you lately cause I expect a lot from you and this was underwhelming. You were an early favourite but slowly going down. Might be the end for you this week.

Sui: Good job! Nothing spectacular but good. Simple and to the point. But I wanna see something out of the box and something not so safe!

Lucky: 20.0 seriously he deserves more than a 10. If not 20 then at least a 11.0 from me. THIS SHOT WAS DABOMB.COM.
Gigi: 9.1
Elva: 8.7
Lily: 8.3
Sui: 8.0 cause too safe.
Sean: 7.4
Francisco: 2.0 cause I like this pic.
2511 days 12 hours ago
Jameslu
Bottom 3 Prediction: Francisco, Lily & Sui.
2511 days 10 hours ago
Neme91
Thank you judges who commented so far. Means a lot
2511 days 10 hours ago
rahrah
that is bullshit, Ok giving everyone a high score and me a 2. Cause i literally argued with you. I agree it a terrible score but how am i suppose to even have a chance with that gap. Like fuck off JamesLu
2511 days 10 hours ago
rahrah
Anyway yall have fun, hopefully the judges are harsh on you.

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!