This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM8 - Challenge & Photoshoot (9)

Topic » #NTM8 - Challenge &..

2501 days 17 hours ago
Jerard
~ PHOTOSHOOT ~

"Modern Gods & Goddesses"

Hello Top 6! Basically, the title says it all, you all today will be Gods & Goddesses, it comes with a twist, I want you to think, what would be the fashion sense, the style, etc. of those particular gods if they were in present time? What are they currently doing now? So in simple, I don't want you to be looking for those long plain loose Ancient Greek clothings, those wreath (headdress, you see on Gods) like laurel, oak leaves, etc.

Below will be my handpicked 20 Gods & Goddesses for you to portray, it will be first come first pick.

Note: This is Top 6, be creative enough to choose. No more playing safe. Go big or go home.

You have 24 hours to do the task. Goodluck!
2501 days 17 hours ago
Jerard
So basically Gods will be limited only for Francisco, Lucky and Sean whilst Goddesses ofcourse are for Elva, Lily and Sui, take note also you will see Gods having two "Gods of" (for example is  Goddess Athena, which is known for the Goddess of Wisdom and War basically you can only fulfill one of those, but if you can fulfill both it would be better)

Gods:
AEOLUS - God of the Winds and Air
AETHER – God of Light
ALASTOR - God of Spirit and Vengeance
APOLLO - God of Music, Prophecy and Healing
ARES - God of War
CAERUS – God of Opportunity
CRONOS - God of Time
DIONYSUS – God of Wine and Festivity
EREBUS - God of Darkness
EROS - God of Love
HADES - God of the Dead and Riches and King of the Underworld
HELIOS - God of the Sun
HEPHAESTUS - God of Fire
HERACLES – God of Physical Strength
HERMES - God of Trade and Messenger of the gods
HYPNOS – God of Sleep
PLUTUS - God of Wealth
POSEIDON – God of the Sea
ZELUS – God of Rivalry and Envy
ZEUS - God of the sky and King of the Gods
2501 days 17 hours ago
Jerard
Goddesses:

ALECTRONA – Goddess of the Sun
AMPHITRITE – Goddess of the Sea
ANTHEIA - Goddess of Flowers
APHRODITE - Goddess of Love and Beauty
ATÉ- Goddess of Delusion
ATHENA – Goddess of Wisdom and War
EOS – Goddess of the Dawn
GAIA - Goddess of the Earth
HARMONIA - Goddess of Harmony and Concord
HEBE - Goddess of Eternal Youth
HERA - Goddess of Goddesses
HESTIA – Goddess of Hearth and Home
HYGIEIA - Goddess of Good Health
IRIS - Goddess of the rainbow and messenger of the gods
MANIA- Goddess of the Dead
NEMESIS – Goddess of Retribution and Indignation
NIKE - Goddess of Victory
NYX – Goddess of the night.
PHEME – Goddess of Rumor and Gossip
TERPSICHORE - Goddess of Dance
2501 days 17 hours ago
haycsclair
I hope Demeter is in the list.
2501 days 17 hours ago
haycsclair
OMG! No Demeter.
2501 days 16 hours ago
Neme91
Lucky Blue as Apollo god of Prophecy

http://68.media.tumblr.com/2e9bad6b08edcc781ee8c10786f7db1d/tumblr_nwd8ijvkGr1uffc1do1_1280.jpg

I love this round as I read a lot of mythology books and a lot of fiction books that uses mythology incorporated into it and from what I come custom to is that a god can spend time on earth just doesn't attract themselves as a god. The only people who would know that I'm a god are demigods on a quest to find me or other gods and monsters.

So with that being said looking at this photo I not only wanted to catch an essence of what I'm trying to portray from this photo but also present me trying to pass off as a mere mortal though I am not. Now I am the god of prophecy so in this case theres chances I appear to demigods and others in dreams and etc but there are also chances they come visit me. This photo is presenting when they come to visit me.

Most prophecies are not good news and most are basically news that good things can happen but someone has to die for this happen and etc. So being the deliverer of information that could possibly be bad isn't the best job and you know the prophecy when the person comes to visit you and wants to hear it themselves. So that's apparent in my face for this photo. I know the prophecy that you came to seek out and as I'm watching you walk up to me and my tree I am thinking and reliving the prophecy and just going through a million thoughts on how you'll take this news. If you would be able to complete the prophecy because once a prophecy is spoken a prophecy is done. No way in changing or escaping it. All that is going through my head when you reach me for your prophecy. While what's going through your head would be "is this really the god Apollo?"

Hopefully this fits well. I am so honored to be in the top 6 and I will keep fighting till the end hopefully this photo can push me there. Thank you and good luck. I ALSO WANT TO SAY: Yes if some of you may look at it and think oh this is safe but is it really? It's actually a risk not safe but a risk but a good risk because I do have to put a lot of emotion in this photo alone to convey my point.So hopefully you guys can give it a chance and not just think it's safe because it actually is creative in its own way.
2501 days 6 hours ago
aj1111
Lily Collins as APHRODITE - Goddess of Love and Beauty

http://lilycollins.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/normal_002~411.jpg

This photo represents love and beauty because I think if Aphrodite was in the 21st Century she would only wear dresses. She would wear dresses that would remind you of love which is the color red and she shows beauty every single day. This also shows love because she is looks like she looking out for someone maybe her true love

This was VERY hard! Hopefully you guys see what i'm trying to interpret in this photo. if not it was fun playing this game and making it this far to the final 6!

Good Luck everyone!
2501 days 5 hours ago
Montenegro
Elva Hsiao as MANIA- Goddess of the Dead

http://i.imgur.com/fsCOB3o.jpg

Imaging Mania in the modern day, I see her living a normal life in society but secretly being this all-powerful, omnipotent and extraterrestrial being, hence the exaggerated sci-fi styled clothing that I am branding. I see her as being entirely other-worldly in this second life: inhuman and insensitive to life when in this position, being with the dead. The symbol on my forehead is there to represent her being the leader of those who have passed - I didn't want to do a generic, all-black shot, so by including this trace of colour and taking the shot with a sci-fi background I think I am highlighting how the dead don't always have to be represented in the traditional sense. Nevertheless, the symbol on my forehead is a little nod to the religious viewing of death.

The alien connotations in my photo symbolise the advances that Mania, as a goddess, would be able to enjoy; I am not following the traditional, stereotypical idea of goddesses being lady-like and feminine on purpose.
2501 days 4 hours ago
imprincearthur
Sean O'Pry as Hermes.

Personally I love this round because I have a Greek and Roman mythology class I start attending August 14th.

Hermes is not an easy god to portray as he is the god of trade and also a messenger of the gods.

In my photo I decided to go with more of a laid-back Hermes as he is sitting there with a cigarette and also a typewriter(TRYING TO STAY WITH OLD BUT MODERN TIMES).

Why a typewriter you ask? 
Well most days now all you have to do to send a message is pick up a smartphone but back in the early to late 1800s The typewriter? was such a famous typing device as many different people used it. Back in the 1800s cellphones have not been discovered just yet so the only way to get a message to anyone was by letter so the typewriter helped as well as handwritten letters.

https://68.media.tumblr.com/5fb6a6ab0bc3a52dcb1253ea2936580b/tumblr_nie0xtoUi71sv7lvao1_500.jpg
2501 days ago
rahrah
Francisco Lachowski: EREBUS - God of Darkness

I decided to go for the God of Darkness, Erebus. This photoshot shows dark elements and mysterious. The clothing is modern but also slightly odd and represents alot of gothic elements such as the hair, pose and the actual color of the image.

Erebus is a very powerful and determined God. He uses power in a negative way. This is shown in the shot as Francisco is very untrustworthy and will fight against those who don't respect him.

http://www.malemodelscene.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Francisco-Lachowski-Dress-To-Kill-06-620x751.jpg
2500 days 23 hours ago
haycsclair
SUI HE as ATÉ (Goddess of Delusion)

ATÉ is the Greek goddess of mischief, delusion, ruin, and folly. Até also refers to the action performed by a hero, usually because of hubris, that often leads to his or her death or downfall.

Let me share something with you about this goddess.

"ATE (Atê), according to Hesiod (Theog. 230), a daughter of Eris, and according to Homer (Il. xix. 91) of Zeus, was an ancient Greek divinity, who led both gods and men to rash and inconsiderate actions and to suffering. She once even induced Zeus, at the birth of Heracles, to take an oath by which Hera was afterwards enabled to give to Eurystheus the power which had been destined for Heracles. When Zeus discovered his rashness, he hurled Ate from Olympus and banished her for ever from the abodes of the gods. (Hom. Il. xix. 126, &c.)"

Source: Dictionary of Greek and Roman Biography and Mythology.

So Até is a goddess that would cause destruction to men due to delusional rationale. In Greek mythology, this goddess has superpower that she can use to influence men. But now in the 21st century, she is a mortal with no exceptional superpowers. I could see Até as someone who is an influential model. If before she has influence over men, now it could be possible that she has still influence over people, not only to the men but also to the women. Her power are the ideas that give people the delusion or misconception of things.

In the photo below, you will see a modern Até. Her outfit and sensual pose symbolize her power over men. It symbolizes seductiveness and sultriness which could lead men to their destruction. A lot of men think that pysical attractiveness is more important than the inner beauty. So they are get fooled by this and usually end up being unhappy, and in more occasion, destructed.

The accessory and the jewelry symbolize her power over women. Lots of women are very materialistic and think that material things are more important than what money couldn't buy. This delusional rationale leads to women's life being ruined.

Her pose in the photo could also correlate with the scene in the Greek mythology where Zeus hurled Até from Olympus and forbade her from going back there. The color black of the outfit signifies the idea of delusion.

So to summarize it all, the modern Até is a very influential person to both men and women that she can cause destruction to these people through delusional mindset.

I hope you see my concept in the photo because I really took a risk in this one. Thank you.

https://www.fashiongonerogue.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Sui-He-The-Edit-March-2017-Cover-Editorial08.jpg
2500 days 19 hours ago
Jerard
XXCLOSEDXX
2500 days 18 hours ago
carlyjordan14
- Elva Hsiao (Montenegro)
While at first glance this shot doesn’t connect fully with your title, after reading your explanation it makes more sense. While I think there are some improvements to be made, overall this was a good interpretation.

- Francisco Lachowski (rahrah)
Very well done. I love the styling of this and how you have this rugged, dark look. The black and white filter only enhance the image further. Very well done!

- Lily Collins (aj1111)
A major step up from your go-see shot. I love the color on you and how you look as though you’re yearning for love.

- Lucky Blue Smith (Neme91)
Looking at this shot, it is very simple and without context I wouldn’t really know what to think of it. However, your explanation is very detailed and thought out, which makes this shot more powerful than it originally seemed. Great work!

- Sean O'Pry (imprincearthur)
The idea is very well thought out and I do love the concept as a whole. However, the shot itself is lacking for me in giving the feeling of a god.

- Sui He (haycsclair)
While I appreciate the very detailed explanation, the shot itself lacks just a tiny bit for me. I think the direction you were going in was solid and the styling was nice. However, the pose feels more like an advertisement for the handbag and shoes than a powerful goddess.
2500 days 4 hours ago
tuter32
Lucky Blue-I think the story was really well thought out, but I think the shoot was okay. Nothing spectacular, nothing too out of this world. Six people are left, I want to be BLOWN away with every shoot you have left.

Lilly Collins-I think you kinda took the easy way out on your choice of Goddess, but your shoot really brought it this week. I think the color was a great choice. The background seemed out of place to me. Just some critiques I hope you'll pay more attention to in the future.

Elva Hsiao-This is a great shot. Beautifully done and beautifully matched with your Goddess, the background, the outfit. I really couldn't help but compare this dangerous demon of death to a Dominatrix.

Sean OPry-So the point of the shoot was to make your God look modern and in present time. Instead you went with them being in older clothes, with a type writer, with very Grease style of hair. I think this a good shoot for a bad time.

Francisco Lachowski-I think this overall was a great shot with a great background. I think the filter was a great addition to this.You give this look of trouble and being a total bad boy. My only critique is the rosary. I find it hard to believe a Greek or Roman God of EVIL would wear a Catholic piece of jewelry.

Sui He-I think your description was wayyyyyy over the top. You couldve cut the down and saved yourself some time and effort. I think the pose of the shoot was a little awkward. The background, the shoes, and purse were great attachments to an already spectacular outfit.
2499 days 17 hours ago
Jerard
MY COMMENTS:

Lucky - There's nothing really special in your shot, but the shot itself is powerful, alongside your well said explanation. I would point out though that this pose  made you seem a smaller model here. You look really different here based on what you've given, and I haven't seen this from you. I am not WOW-ed, but this shot is powerful.

Lily - I LOOOVE this photo but it is not striking. This is an almost perfect interpretation of the Goddess of Love and Beauty, since I think you've gone the easy route of picking a Goddess. Though, you've pulled it through and the shot was gorgeous. Plus, you look tall in the shot, even though you are only 5'5, A+ for you for that.

Elva - First of all, I love you've chosen a not-so-common god. Good Job. I didn't expect you to pick that, while on the photo - this shot is remarkable. With this shot, I think you've proven others wrong for them picking you the least deserving here. The only thing I didn't like is your right hand, as you look struggling, but other than that, the shot was great.

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!