This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Round 1: Judging and Results

Topic » Round 1: Judging and Results

3071 days 6 hours ago
dogcalledzak
In 20 minutes - the judging, results and a little announcement!
3071 days 5 hours ago
dogcalledzak
4 minutes to go.
3071 days 5 hours ago
dogcalledzak
(post when here)
3071 days 5 hours ago
XtremeNerd
hello, cant stay for long
3071 days 5 hours ago
Jkjkjk15
Here
3071 days 5 hours ago
dogcalledzak
Lets begin
3071 days 5 hours ago
Thirteen
Yes, let's.
3071 days 5 hours ago
dogcalledzak
13 writers! 13 stories! Tonight - 2 must leave and 13 WILL become 11.

This is the first round - and now the competition is about to get tough! The writing world is brutal - so is this game.

This is - The Ultimate Writing Competition!!!
3071 days 5 hours ago
xxThornWYZ
Ooh...
3071 days 5 hours ago
dogcalledzak
Before we start announcing the judging: a few rules.

1. Please don't be offended. Writing and reading is a personal thing and this is just a bit of fun. I have been as honest as possible and whoever goes - know it's nothing personal and does not mean you are a bad writer.

2. The person with the lowest score will automatically leave.

3. Then the next two lowest will battle it out in a boardroom style.

Good luck
3071 days 5 hours ago
Jkjkjk15
Good luck everyone
3071 days 5 hours ago
xxThornWYZ
I hope I'm not eliminated...
3071 days 5 hours ago
Thirteen
I am ready.
3071 days 5 hours ago
dogcalledzak
Judging in the order than stories were posted:

Starting with -

- Thirteen -

Creativeness: 6/10 - The twist was creative and clever - even if it left me a little confused. My main factor is the dialog didn’t feel real. It never felt like two real people were having a conversation. It felt a little forced. This made the dialog a little slow to read and feel very bland. More exciting dialog would have pushed this score up.

Understandable:  6/10 - I understand not everything has to be explained and this piece of fiction is for the reader to make their own interpretation about the story. Just, I think a little more needed to be explained. Was the boy a blessing - was it her imagination? This is personal taste - and I do try and not let my personal taste get in the way of my judging - but with this piece of writing it’s very hard not to. I hope you understand the points I have made - and I know others would have loved the open ending.

The Story: 6/10 - I liked this, I just didn’t love it. With a subject like this I should feel connected to the characters but I never did. I understand there aren’t many words to work with, with such a low limit - but I still should have felt something. The twists were nice and unexpected - but my main concern was the forcedness of the dialogue. It seemed a bit stilted in places. 

Overall: 4/10 -  I’m sorry but you broke the rules. I’m sorry - this score would have been a 6 - but your character leaves the room and goes into the kitchen. This is a clear break of the rules and for that reason, I’ve had to deduct points. You’re a good writer with lots of potential - and I hope you make it through this round as I know you have a lot of talent to give.

Thirteen = 22/40
3071 days 5 hours ago
Thirteen
55%. That would be an F if it were a test. Oh no.
3071 days 5 hours ago
Jkjkjk15
If Thirteen got scored that low, I feel like I'm screwed. Shit xD

open group

The Ultimate Writing Competition: S1

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!