This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

BETA 50!

Topic » BETA 50!

3397 days 5 hours ago
77sparks77
1) T.A.T.U. - The verse to this were really really dull, luckily the chorus brought it back! (The bridge didn't help though either.)
2) Cheryl Cole - I'm really not a huge fan of this one, I mean it's just nothing special… Cheryl is a fierce dancer, but I am really not into her singing that much. The chorus is a little catchy, but even that gets a bit repetitive.
3) Kylie Minogue - My friend always says that Kylie sounds like a 4 year old trying to sing and it's because of this song… I kinda see what he means, but I can't deny that I love little bits of this(or well specifically the 'Set Me Freeeee'). :3 If you want a better version though, go listen to her Abbey Roads Version of this.
4) Shakira - I used to really not like this song when I was younger, but I really love the beat it had. Maybe it was it's placement after a bunch of pretty boring/repetitive songs - but I really enjoyed the energy it brought to the competition! :p There is a bit in the middle though where I think she has a really strange tone, but then again you have to expect that of Shakira...
5) Michelle Branch - This is my kind of music, so already you're doing well for me! I had never heard of this one before, but she seemed like a wannabe Avril Lavigne; and I am totally supportive of that fact!
6) Ariana Grande - DQ
7) Panic! At The Disco - Once again, my kind of music! ^__^ Though also once again, this sounds really really good live - I highly recommend finding the live and acapella version.
8) Kelly Rowland        - I actually quite like Kelly, but this was just not my cup of tea at all. The rap was just ewwww - like I was getting really uncomortable vibes from what he was saying. I dunno, the lyrics just made me uncomfortable in general tbh.
9) The Veronicas - This was just sort of… okay. Like very average, it was really nothing special for me at all. Sorry. /:  I just was waiting for something huge to happen and nothing really did….
10) Bowling For Soup         - Yaaaas! I am really into this kind of music so this was perfect for me! ^__^ Side Note Though: I am not a fan of those people who are all like; "Oh my goshhh, if you don't like (insert 80s/90s) then do you even have a music taste?" - Just no. Aside from that message, I am living for this! 
11) Loreen - Remember how I said I was waiting for something to happen to make The Veronicas Song more interesting? This song did that… It started off just okay but had catchy chorus and bridges that made the song a lot better and boosted it's ranking a lot.
12) Incubus - I really liked the drawing parts of the video… in fact those drawing parts were more interesting than the song to me. /: I'm not saying it was a bad song… it was just once again lacking in something big for me. I still kinda liked it, I just feel like it could've done better? The more I listened the more I could get into it.
13) Stacie Orrico - I was so not for this at the start, but by the end I was really getting into it. It grew on me, like a lot!
14) Shania Twain - I wanted it to be over about 2 minutes in... It really really really really dragged, and I was really really really not enjoying. Sorry.
15) Rixton - Okay, so I used to always think that Olly Murs sung this - weird, I know… And that's what always made me not want to admit that I was really enjoying it. So yeah, good job! It's really catchy and just fun in general!
3397 days 2 hours ago
kilikfanof2mrow
this round's a hard one. quite a few goodies here. And look at Simon not knowing nothing [change Michelle Branch to Cassadee Pope and i would agree there. and who actually likes Olly Murs?]
3396 days 16 hours ago
kilikfanof2mrow
1. t.A.T.u- Awh, isn't it saying a lot when the band sang this live in 2013, when Russia started to get all up in arms about alternate sexualities? But seriously, a greatly fun start to this Beta.

2. Cheryl Cole- Can someone translate her? I can't understand her Georgie accent when she speaks... let alone whilst singing.

3. Kylie- Uhm, Yas, That Is All for the PSA.

4.Shakira- Your hips don't lie, but the song doesn't lie in a good place either. It kinda feels flat after listening to 1 and 3.  I say it's all in the eye of the beholder.

5. Michelle Branch-I love her music and believe she's quite talented, but this is one of those I like the cover [Yellowcard] more than the original, for some reason. Otherwise, YAS.

6. Ariana Grande- Goodbye and Good Riddance [Disqualified]

7. Panic! at the Disco- I SENT THIS IN ONCE DURING A TSC. I don't think it has a chance to make it atop this group either, although it is quite good.+

8. Kelly Rowland- Out of all the Destiny's Child songs you could have chosen, this is what you came up with? Eugh, next.

9. The Veronicas- The two covers I have listened to by these twins are better than whatever this was [and one is on the same bloody album], Also, it's bad when you like a demo that was used for another Beta artist more than an actual release by them.

10. Bowling for Soup- I saw them live [Warped Tour 2014, Burgettstown] and was crowdsurfing during this song. Need I say more?

11. Loreen- Dry and unappealing, kinda like a flat Dr. Pepper.

12. Incubus- Wow, I am surprised. I expected Dig, not Drive. Still quite good.

13. Stacie Orrico- Pass.

14. Shania Twain- First off, to the person who called it Forever and Always, you skipped the For. Second off, I love this album [all three versions[ and am calling this as Tolis' entry..

15. Rixton- If I wanted to listen to a crappy version of Rob Thomas' stuff, I woulda  listened to Little Wonders... Sorry but a no-go.
3396 days 14 hours ago
CharlieBibi
Me when people forgot about me and noone told me to submit a song

Fuck yall too
3396 days 12 hours ago
kilikfanof2mrow
It's supposed to be... in the words of one Lily Allen... FUCK YOU FUCK YOU VERY MUCH
3396 days 11 hours ago
Limegrass
01) T.A.T.U. - O are these the lesbians from Eurovision? From Russia, yes? I know who they are now. I song itself isn't too bad actually, never heard it before though. Not a bad start
02) Cheryl Cole - I absolutely LOVE this song. I loved it when it came out, and I don't understand anyone who prefers any of her other songs, sublime. Maybe a tad repetitive though.
03) Kylie Minogue - I went to see Kylie recently, and she performed this in a nice bassy synth revamped version. It was the highlight of the concert, and I honestly don't think she sang at all due to everyone knowing the words. It just goes to show the power of a song... you don't have to listen to it often, but you definitely know it. Amazing work.
04) Shakira - Gosh! How old is this one? I remember this and thinking this is rather raunchy! How innocent was I..... It's not bad, but personally I don't think it's her best work. Setting the world stage on fire with this song, I've got a tepid bunsen burner attitude towards this song.
05) Michele Branch - I don't think I've heard this before? It's quite nice and refreshing though. Is it in a film? I can't quite place it, but I really like it actually! Nice little tune!
06) Ariana Grande - DQ
07) Panic! at the Disco - I've never really understood everyone's obsession with Panic!, but the song's not too bad I suppose.... it's just a ltitle bit bland really for my liking.
08) Kelly Rowland - Again, I've never heard of this one before! ... Again it's not too bad but not her best work, it never really gets going. I bet she just uses that 1cm thick purple bikini thing to sell this song.... but that's none of my business.... NEXT!
09) The Veronicas - See Aquamarines comment..... I agree. I mean it's not terribly bad or anything, but really? Like they say, it's "good enough".
10) Bowling For Soup - Pardon?
11) Loreen - :).......... I seriously think Loreen is really underrated since her ESC win... and it's a real shame. With hits like this and "We've Got The Power", does anyone else see her musical talent; obviously it's just Sweden and me that's obsessed.
12) Incubus - See number 10... however, I quite liked the guitar this time around.
13) Stacie Orrico - Early 00's cheese :)... lovely.
14) Shania Twain - Now this is someone who I actually think is overrated. However, this song is actually pretty decent, so I can live with this choice. Not too bad.
15) Rixton - Really?.... Have absolutely not idea how it's so popular now/last year. Why? I don't know. Get a life.
3396 days 8 hours ago
andrewvaughan17
01) T.A.T.U.- I do enjoy this song however since the report on one of the girls being homophobic the music video to me is redundant as it features same sex kissing.
02) Cheryl Cole- I love how sultry this song feels to me and this is a guilty pleasure of mine
03) Kylie Minogue- For me one of the songs of the millenium and I still have the lyrics in my head
04) Shakira- Got a funny memory of mine with this song and it's a great song in my personal opinion
05) Michele Branch- Not really my type of artist but an interesting song nonetheless
06) Ariana Grande- N/A
07) Panic! at the Disco- Again not my type of music. Next.
08) Kelly Rowland- Not bad but Lil Wayne is the worst type of rapper for me
09) The Veronicas- Really enjoyed this song and it is quite refreshing to see something new.
10) Bowling For Soup- Normally don't like this type of music but I am becoming more experimental with music tastes and I love it.
11) Loreen- I love how this is dance music but it still keeps into the context of emotions
12) Incubus- This does feel long winded in my eyes and just terrible.
13) Stacie Orrico- Nah again not for me and it will be tough to decide what to include in my top 10
14) Shania Twain- I think there are better Shania Twain songs but this is average in my opinion
15) Rixton- I knew this song before the contest and I enjoyed it and quite possibly the best song of the night.
3396 days 7 hours ago
bibbles
01) T.A.T.U. - gosh I remember this, thought it was older than that, remember seeing the video on top of the pops, very risqué!!
02) Cheryl Cole – I really dont like her, she cant actually sing so I find it a bit rich shes on a singing show!!
03) Kylie Minogue – another one that bring backs memories, this was the first cd single I bought, id always bought the albums, I only got it cos mini bibs loved it, we played it over and over and danced around the front room, she was so little then!!!
04) Shakira – shakira is okay, not my thing, but I dont like wyclef!!
05) Michele Branch – not heard this one, its a bit teeny pop!! its okay
06) Ariana Grande - why was this dqed?
07) Panic! at the Disco – I hear a lot of these, in the car, mini bibs love them, so does hubby!! I also like them, heard this one a lot!!
08) Kelly Rowland – this was horrible!! oh the chipmunks are singing on this one!!
09) The Veronicas – I like the veronicas, but ive heard better!
10) Bowling For Soup – I like soup but im not sure I would bowl for it! A bit mcbusted!!
11) Loreen – wondered when it was going to start!! it was okay, didnt like the club/mix sound or whatever you call it, but it wasnt unlistenable!!
12) Incubus – I like this, my kind of this, I like his voice, it worked for me!!
13) Stacie Orrico – her voice is very annoying and the arrangment is making it worse and the sound quality is quite bad too!!
14) Shania Twain – forgotten she existed!! it was okay!
15) Rixton – has this been used before? It was catchy, that was all!!
3396 days 2 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
01) T.A.T.U. - I have a massive hate boner for T.A.T.U. now after the gay comments somewhat recently, but I still enjoy this.
02) Cheryl Cole - This has lost just a little bit of appeal for me over time, and I'd rather listen to Call My Name on repeat for approximately 24 hours than listen to this once. I guess that's not too big of an insult, though.
03) Kylie Minogue - Classic. I figure that with the rule change, there will be even more songs that get that exact comment.
04) Shakira - There was a point in my life that I refused to just say Shakira once, and always had to say "SHAKIRA SHAKIRA." I have Wyclef to thank for that dark time in my life.
05) Michele Branch - TEENAGE GIRL BRILLIANCE.
06) Ariana Grande - Dairy Queen.
07) Panic! at the Disco - Nah. Nahhhh.
08) Kelly Rowland - Cover your eyes, bibbles. Yes, MNEK, I fuck to this shit.
09) The Veronicas - This did pretty much nothing for me.
10) Bowling For Soup - I was cool with this when I was an angsty teenager for a few weeks. Now, not so much.
11) Loreen - I DEEEEEEEEEEFINITELY prefer this to Euphoria.
12) Incubus - Incubus was always one of my exceptions to the rule for this genre. His tone drives me nuts in the best way possible.
13) Stacie Orrico - I adored this song back in the day. Now that I realize it's a giant steaming pile of shit... I still really like it. Not sorry.
14) Shania Twain - I have no qualms about admitting I'm a Shania mark. This is one of my least favorite songs off that album, but it's still a nice enough listen.
15) Rixton - Hasn't this Maroon 6 song been used in TSC?
3395 days 19 hours ago
Monrooster
Oops seemed I missed the mailer about this. I'll try and do jury duty but I'm a bit busy this week!
3395 days 18 hours ago
kilikfanof2mrow
{Someone who shares my opinion on Up! What is your fave Fritz?]
3395 days 8 hours ago
Talian
Sorry.. Extremely poor comments this week..

01) T.A.T.U. - Such a classic .. Such i love it!
02) Cheryl Cole - I used to love this.. I used to love her.. Now.. Not so much..
03) Kylie Minogue - Nice.. I love Kylie.. But im not a fan of this song..
04) Shakira - Being one of the most recents so far.. I have to say it felt a Little "dated"..
05) Michele Branch - Naaah..
06) Ariana Grande - DQed
07) Panic! at the Disco - I love them! I love this song! Yes!
08) Kelly Rowland - No.. Sorry..
09) The  Veronicas - Mmmmm.. Not bad..
10) Bowling For Soup - I kinda liked it:)
11) Loreen - I Don't think she deserved to win ESC and i don't like this neither..
12) Incubus - Nice:)
13) Stacie Orrico - Noooo:(
14) Shania Twain - I prefer her classics.. Ka-Ching : That's a song:)
15) Rixton - I Loved IT The first time i heard it.. Now.. I really don't.. I thinknit was on rick 's Worst Of.. Wasn't it?
3395 days 7 hours ago
Js21
Ill do this soon but when is the real contest going to start again
3395 days 5 hours ago
ianfitz0012
01) T.A.T.U. - It's a cool song but it kind of fades for me.
02) Cheryl Cole - I personally like Ingrid Michaelson's version better but this isn't bad.
03) Kylie Minogue - This song is ok but not that amazing.
04) Shakira - THIS SONG IS AMAZING
05) Michelle Branch - THIS SONG IS ALSO AMAZING
06) Ariana Grande - RIP
07) Panic! at the Disco - Solid song.
08) Kelly Rowland - I want to have sex to this song.
09) The Veronicas - Of all their eligible songs………………..
10) Bowling For Soup - I remember the days when Radio Disney wouldn't stop playing it.
11) Loreen - A fun song that seems original when it fits into this group but not when you consider it's stance as just a dance song.
12) Incubus - Lmao no thanks
13) Stacie Orrico - A big fan of (There's Gotta Be) More to Life, but this is great too. Michelle Branch and Stacie Orrico? This is too much for one contest omg
14) Shania Twain - What a classic.
15) Rixton - Fun for a few listens but fades quickly.
3395 days ago
Js21
Sorry for shitty comments, im writing a ten paged paper on sredni vashtar atm

01) T.A.T.U. - always enjoyed this song.
02) Cheryl Cole - lol this is such a flop goodbye
03) Kylie Minogue - yaas kylie get it
04) Shakira - THIS SONG IS WINNING THE CONTEST IS OVER
05) Michelle Branch - Jojo>Michelle Branch, but not bad
06) Ariana Grande-Good i hate this bitch
07) Panic! at the Disco - Always a good song, not the best though
08) Kelly Rowland - YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
09) The Veronicas - Absolutely not.
10) Bowling For Soup - classic song i was never into
11) Loreen - euphoria gives me such good vibes, kindof a let down to that
12) Incubus - stop
13) Stacie Orrico -usually i would like this, but not for this contest sorry
14) Shania Twain - loveeeeee shania, but not the best
15) Rixton -hate this song

open group

BETA (a TSC Production)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!