This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Final Tribal Council

Topic » Final Tribal Council

2447 days 22 hours ago
mysterygame2
It was.
2447 days 22 hours ago
mysterygame2
David you literally put two people ahead of you that can win against you so I don't think I should vote for you. It honestly comes down to if I'm bitter or not.
2447 days 21 hours ago
Iceey
.....after the preseason interviews like 2 months ago?
2447 days 21 hours ago
obscurity
Nolan, like I said in some of my other answers, for me this game was all about timing. You have every right to be mad at me because I turned on you just like I did to many of my other allies in this game but you also clearly would have voted me out at F5 if I was not immune so I don't think that should be something that should necessarily be held over my head. But at the end of the day it is your jury vote and I have always been advocate for jurors voting however the hell they want (no such thing as a bitter juror) and if I didn't earn your vote that's on me. Obviously we had a rocky relationship in both games but you can't say I didn't at least make an effort with you
2447 days 21 hours ago
obscurity
@Sydney yes I did vote for you that round because I was in a relatively stable alliance with Robin/Alan/Mud/Nolan/Bubba at the time and I did not want to jeopardize that. Obviously like I have described in my earlier answers, I did end up flipping on them but I only did it at the right times, and doing it at the merge vote would have been reckless even by my standards LOL I knew that we could have potentially worked together based on our past relationship but I also didn't know for sure since we had never been on the same tribe in the premerge and I assumed you already had a ton of alliances at that point.

I think you know how I feel about you as a person. I feel that we both have a mutual respect for each other as big game players with big personalities who tend to play controlling and flashy games. We clashed hard in Big Ben's but then you still voted for me to win which showed me how levelheaded and introspective you are as a player and as a person. So yeah obviously I quite like you as a person even though we haven't talked much about non-game stuff. Glad you're back on the site!
2447 days 17 hours ago
DavidM7
@ Sydney

First, did u vote me out yes or no? If u lie i will know
Second, what do u think of me as a player and as a person!

-

I did not vote you out because you were my closest ally in the game ( I trusted you the most). I was the vote for Sagar at that tribal council because thanks to some irl stuff that happened I wasn't on for the discussion phase. That's really my only regret this entire game. I regret that vote even more than when I was voted out because it put me in such a bad position but I was able to come back from it soon after.

Obviously I love you as a person because I'm your pet noob :P but in all seriousness I loved talking to you about your studying in Australia and how that's going since you left for a bit it was nice to catch up. As for a player in this game I think you did well but unfortunately not having a Skype affected you more than it should have and made you and easier target which is why I think you were the vote at that merge tribal. Had this season not been so dependent on Skype I think you might have done better because I've seen you play numerous games really well (such as M&Ns or Sri Lanka (NJs)
2447 days 17 hours ago
DavidM7
mysterygame2
David you literally put two people ahead of you that can win against you so I don't think I should vote for you. It honestly comes down to if I'm bitter or not.

-

Nolan I honestly wanted you in final four with me but I didn't want to risk drawing the bad rock and getting 5th when I knew I could make final 3. I understand what you're saying and it's valid but I tried to not let them get ahead with me but Bubba self voting ruined it
2446 days 22 hours ago
Guigi
Thank you all for your honest answer and goodluck in the final vote fuckboys
2446 days 20 hours ago
obscurity
Last comment I want to make since I guess questioning is over (although I'm happy to answer any more questions if anyone has any).

I feel that I played an extremely savvy and flexible game (this is a nice way of saying backstabby and flip-floppy). I like to think of myself as self-aware. I'm not delusional or self-obsessed enough to think that I didn't piss anyone off in this season and that my style of gameplay should automatically be deserving of a jury vote. I've been in this position before (both on the receiving end as a FTC finalist and on the other end as a juror) and I've said every single time that jurors should base their vote on whatever rationale they see fit. There does not need to be any justification. The finalist who loses a particular jury vote is the only person to blame for that failure because they were not successful in their jury management in some capacity. People have said to me that I've made dumb moves (although I've tried to defend and rationalize all of my moves in my answers that I've given so far, and I feel that I've done that successfully but that's not my call to make) and if I lose those jury votes then that's completely and 100% fair. I won't bitch about it, and I will accept this loss.

That being said, I ask that you at least consider the argument that I've put to the jury. Yes, I was a flip-flopper, but I'm the only one to vote for the person who went home every single round of the postmerge (and the premerge except for 1 round where Liam idoled himself). I feel that I had my finger on the pulse of this game throughout. Some of my flips may seem illogical but from my perspective they were completely thought out and well-timed. I would not have made it to the end with such a big target on my back if I hadn't flipped when I did. People like to point out immunity as a crutch (an argument that I always hate because then there becomes a perception that winning challenges is a bad thing even though intentionally throwing a challenge you know you can win is 100x worse) but I only won immunity in 4 out of 9 rounds in which individual immunity was up for grabs. That is 5 rounds where I was vulnerable and should have been taken out. 1 of those rounds I was handed immunity by someone who should probably not have done that.

And the final thing I want to say is that I never once intended to be malicious or flip on someone out of spite in this game. I never took anything personal and I never resorted to personal attacks or OTT gameplay. I took it round by round, assessed the situation, and made my move. If anyone is hurt by me turning on them, then I genuinely am sorry for that but I am not sorry for the moves that I've made in this game and I will stand by them to the death.

GL to the other finalists and thanks all for a lively discussion.

open group

NJ Reality - I Love Money

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!